Comedy Anime + Any New Animes to look out for?

heya! I wanna watch a new comedy anime, but I dont really know of any ones which came straight to mind as I usually watch Action Anime and Drama Anime from time to time, I've watched Full Metal Panic Fomufuu and School Rumble Series.. I found them really entertaining, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend me an anime with good Laughs like the ones I mentioned, and possibly along similar lines to them.

And Im tired of just having to watch Naruto and Bleach, and since Death Note has ended, I dont know which ongoing anime series I should watch... has anyone got any recommendations for me?? Im looking for anything with maybe drama and action, has a good plot, NO MECHA ANIMES! lolzz (dont ask! hehehe) love 2 hear from every1! PEACE OUT!!

Hmmm. . .Comedy. . .

Nagasarete Airantou
is quite good, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is good random dark humor series. I find Lovely Complex very funny as well. And of course Lucky Star.

Woah, i put quite a few in a nonsensical sentence, Wiki them. :D

Lovely Complex is brilliant, well worth watching.
Happy Lesson and Happy Lesson Advance are great comedies
Genshiken definately cheers me up whenever I watch it
Noodle Fighter Miki
Nagasarete Airantou

Aint watched very many comedies to be honest, Ouran High School Host Club i found to be absolutely hilarious but its pretty select in its appeal, wiki it if you're interested. Also Nagasarete Airanto from the couple episodes ive seen of it is is pretty funny.

Enjoy!

Azumanga Daioh or Yotsuba&!, the latter only in manga form.
FLCL or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, the former not released in the UK, but is in America.
Genshiken for some otaku humour.
Great Teacher Onizuka aka GTO. The manga's better than the anime, but both are good.

Also, how did people not mention these before? o_O

No one has mentioned the first comedy anime to come out outside of Japan... Excel Saga... and its spin-off Puni Puni Poemy.
Would be a good time to buy this if you're looking to buy it, ADV are doing a collection, albeit an overpriced piece of crap of a release, but if you don't mind about that, then go for it ;) If you do, you can pick up the thinpak version of the America release from Up1 for £30, ADV UK's version has an RRP of £60, but on play.com it's £48.

DaNiMe said:
ADV are doing a collection, albeit an overpriced piece of crap of a release, but if you don't mind about that, then go for it ;)
M-lock cases aren't bad, in fact I prefer them. They're light and easy to store. The only thing I object to is the hefty price tag ADV has slapped on it.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
DaNiMe said:
ADV are doing a collection, albeit an overpriced piece of crap of a release, but if you don't mind about that, then go for it ;)
M-lock cases aren't bad, in fact I prefer them. They're light and easy to store. The only thing I object to is the hefty price tag ADV has slapped on it.

No they aren't bad, they're awful. They show that ADV does not care about presenting their products. If Americans got this for a series they and it was priced at $120 (which is what ADV is pricing it), they would boycott it. This kind of thing is at the most, $50. Fair enough M-lock cases save space, but thinpak sets save just as much space, or more in some cases, and really look very nice. ADV just aren't putting any effort into their releases.
People in this country need to stop just accepting the crap we're getting, and do something about it :/ No one cares enough to make a petition anyway, if I was to make one now, I doubt many people would sign it anyway.
If you want proof of how ADV UK are not giving a crap about us, take a look at their very newly established ADV German section. From the start, they had proper artboxes, and collections... just look at this:

http://www.advfilms.de/CATALOGFilms_Vol ... fen%20Lied

http://www.advfilms.de/CATALOGFilms_Detail.asp?ID=74

The irony of it is that ADV UK was set up many years before ADV Germany, and yes Germans have a bigger anime market, but there's no excuse to just not have these products, just look at Beez, Revalation and MVM, they show that the UK market is ready for artboxes and nice products.. ADV just suck.
What more do I need to say?

M-lock cases look nice enough for me. Sure thinpaks are ok but most of my collections are in M-lock cases. Wolf's Rain, Planetes, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne. Also no thinpaks dont take up less space. M-locks are about the size of two standard DVD cases and can house up to 6 disks. Thinkpaks can be a lot more roomy depending on how many disks they have. The package design looks good on all of those I said and give you what's really important without all the extra fuss, the show.

As far as I'm concerned all that needs to be done is the price needs to be lowered.

The Elfen Lied box set we are getting is very good in my opinion, Its not a M-Lock, its a normal DVD sized case with all four disks in it.

I don't know how the disks are set out, I haven't seen the inside. But I'm guessing something similar to Manga Ent's Naruto releases. or similar.

I really liked desert punk. Its just alot of toilet humour and tit jokes, but hey thats why they call it the japanese south park lol!

I recommend Cromartie High School mainly because it has a random and crazy humour to it. The humour of this anime is a welcome change to a lot of the other comedy animes. Because of it being so random every episode is worth watching and I normally found my self watching episodes more than once. The only problem with this anime is that it seems that people are divided by it, some people love it and some people hate it. So its probably best to make sure it is your cup of tea.

I'm currently watching my way through FLCL and, though it's brilliant, it's not so good as a comedy. Sure, it'll crack a smile on your face, but there are no real belly laughs in the series.

I disagree I got some great laughs out of it and found the comedy to be a lot more prominent than the drama elements. The manga scenes I especially found hilarious, then again I've only watched this in Japanese because after hearing Harukos English voice in the dub(it was so tame) I gave it a miss.

After watching ep 3 and 4 of FLCL, I think I'll accept that it's a funny series, but in fairness, branding it a comedy is a bit much.

It's essential viewing though! ^_^

Back