Code Geass R2 - Episode Change?

It doesn't surprise me one bit - Bandai USA threw their dart at the dartboard and it landed on "7 episodes" for Geass R2.

The UK release of R2 hasn't been listed yet, but given that we have a different way of releasing the first season, it's not unthinkable that we'll get a different way with the second as well.

Hopefully even with Bandai USA seemingly moving in the opposite direction to everyone else (almost much back to singles again when everyone else is packing things into sets as soon as possible) Beez will continue basing their decisions on how things perform here instead. I suppose that if season one does terribly in its sets, we could end up with four releases here as well for R2 at (roughly) half the first season price each. It could be interesting.

I've found that in this current market the "26 episodes = 3 sets" format is my personal tipping point; for a good show I'll buy straight away in that form. As soon as it hits 4 sets I get lazy and prefer to wait for a proper collection. Manga's "26 episodes = 2 sets" releases are an easy buy unless I know I'll hate the show.

R

Cheers for the heads up - just cancelled my pre-order. There's no way I'm paying for four releases of a series I don't like very much... especially after seeing Bandai's single disc sized case release of the first Gundam 00 'set'.

Just got my copy of the limited ed. After paying about the same price as I did for the first part of the 1st season, I was a bit miffed at the change in episode count, but still willing to go ahead.

Well, rather than the lovely art box we got last time, this is just a normal DVD case and a volume of the manga with a basic thin cardboard wrapper, which just surrounds the manga and DVD case. So, yeah, no art box to contain the other 3 DVD boxes when they come out, like the original series art box. That's a big let down for me as I love art boxes. I'd rather a proper art box than the manga. I'm guessing the other three releases will come in the same format :(

This is a great reason to wait for the UK release to be honest. Sure you'd have to wait a few months (will bug Andrew at Aya for an idea of when we'll get it) but the value should be slightly better going on what they're doing with the first series. (and this is Beez not Bandai US - they're more willing to listen to us fans)

Back