COD: Modern Warfare 2

afoia

Adventurer
Ok, whos got it, who wants to play it.
General MW2 Discussion thread.

Mine came today from play.com where i pre-ordered it for £45, only to find it was selling in sainsburys for £26...

Anyway, fantastic game and ive only started playing a bit of multiplayer this evening and will try some single player tomorrow. What does everyone else thing of the game?

Ordered mine from play but they didn't ship it til the release day so I went out and bought it from asda (PC version as I can't play it with a controller I need a mouse and keyboard). I love it the online mode is gonna take me months to master all the weapons and achieve all the goals, and I am really happy to see we now get dual guns and even throwing knives.

The offline game is brilliant too, i love the idea of having to take over a burger king style restaurant and defend it from russians. I even loved the controversial level which sees you walking through an airport gunning down unarmed civilians.

Only downside I can see is that its on Steam and you can't pick which online game to play which means goodbye to sniper only games :(

Ordered mine from Play also, but mine arrived on the release date (yesterday). I too have the PC version McIcy, mouse and keyboard FTW!
A couple of things came up last night so I wasn't able to get completely engrosed into it as of yet. Only played the first 3/4 missions on the single player. They were freaking sweet like. If it weren't for radio tonight, I'd probably be on there from when I finish work. =P

I do have a complaint or two about the game however. McIcy has already mentioned, and it's no news to any big PC fans but the multiplayer setup sucks balls! There are so many flaws I wouldn't know how to start, not to mention there's no hosting, banning, console panel (to name a few). It angers Voddas!! DX

Game itself is awesome like. ^_^

Voddas said:
Ordered mine from Play also, but mine arrived on the release date (yesterday). I too have the PC version McIcy, mouse and keyboard FTW!
A couple of things came up last night so I wasn't able to get completely engrosed into it as of yet. Only played the first 3/4 missions on the single player. They were freaking sweet like. If it weren't for radio tonight, I'd probably be on there from when I finish work. =P

I do have a complaint or two about the game however. McIcy has already mentioned, and it's no news to any big PC fans but the multiplayer setup sucks balls! There are so many flaws I wouldn't know how to start, not to mention there's no hosting, banning, console panel (to name a few). It angers Voddas!! DX

Game itself is awesome like. ^_^

I intend to play COD for Multi-Player, do you recommend I purchase this or World at War then?

Spyro201 said:
I intend to play COD for Multi-Player, do you recommend I purchase this or World at War then?
From what FPSs you've told me you like. I'd say Modern Warfare 2 would be more up your alley. World at War was a great multiplayer imo but I think you'd be bored by the weapons and their limited capabilities. Only downside to COD:MW2 is the new multiplayer interface. I like the game too much to boycott but I do hate it. DX
Single player will blow you away. 100x better than WatW.
:thumb:

edit: McIcy, I shall be adding you to my Steam tonight. :D

Voddas said:
Spyro201 said:
From what FPSs you've told me you like. I'd say Modern Warfare 2 would be more up your alley. World at War was a great multiplayer imo but I think you'd be bored by the weapons and their limited capabilities. Only downside to COD:MW2 is the new multiplayer interface. I like the game too much to boycott but I do hate it. DX
Single player will blow you away. 100x better than WatW.
:thumb:

edit: McIcy, I shall be adding you to my Steam tonight. :D

Can you link up with friends and join teams together easily? For example, if I got it, could I join up with you in Multi-player and play alongside you in say, Capture the Flag?

Spyro201 said:
Can you link up with friends and join teams together easily? For example, if I got it, could I join up with you in Multi-player and play alongside you in say, Capture the Flag?
Yes, yes we can. We have to be friends on Steam to do so though. I'm Voddas suprisingly eoungh =P ... think I'm the only one too. ^^

edit: You can speak in game over mic, though I haven't tried it yet. I usually use vent or TSpeak.

Voddas said:
Spyro201 said:
Yes, yes we can. We have to be friends on Steam to do so though. I'm Voddas suprisingly eoungh =P ... think I'm the only one too. ^^

edit: You can speak in game over mic, though I haven't tried it yet. I usually use vent or TSpeak.

Cool well if i'm OK to link up with you and (hopefully) McIcy then i'll be sure to pick it up. I'm on Steam too, Spyro201 I think, but that may be wrong as i've got multiple usernames elsewhere, so I wouldnt add it yet haha.

I just finished the game on single player. Wow, what a game. It's great etc, very cinematic. I'd say it's the best game of its type. It would be a definate 10/10 if the game was twice as long.

I enjoyed it, but war games aren't my favourite games to play (I ain't into military stuff, I'd rather be a ninja hehe). I prefer more unique games (e.g Mirror's Edge etc) - we need more unique games!

I haven't been on the multiplayer yet, but I know I'll just get my **** kicked. TBH, I only got this game because I knew I could get it for half price and when I had finished it I could just sell it back for the same price or more.

Amazing game, but there's no way i'd ever spend 40-50 quid on a game.

I'm waiting for someone else in the house to get the PS3 version. 360 version is already here, but I don't want to learn another controller when I'm already bad at PS3.

As for the PC version... no.

i'll just ask it for christmas or b-day (probably b-day, since i want quite a bit of stuff for christmas already)

i'll probably get it on 360, since my computer sucks and i don't have a PS3

I haven't played it personally, because, you know, I'd suck at it. And I didn't get into the hype at all and kept asking people why they wanted it and I just didn't understand the attraction, and in some ways, I still don't but I have to give it my respect. I was watching the campaign played from the beginning for a couple of hours the other day and it really was beautiful to watch. It strikes me as being so realistic, even though I haven't seen these places first hand (shocking!).

I'm actually really tempted to get it, because of how awesome it seems to play and looks.

Only niggle is the stupid blood going on screen. I'd rather have the red-heart-beating-******** trope instead. Found that part completely ridiculous.

Saw the 360 version.

Spyro201 said:
Anyone bar Voddas and McIcy here playing on PC? If so PM me about Steam. It'd be ace to play together online.

I'm hooked :lol:
Sorry about Friday night mate. It's only once in a blue moon that my Brother brings his PC round for a LAN. Plus, I can't believe how awesome the special ops are!! I can lose many an evening playing those missions. I love that they have Modern Warfare 1 co-ops too. Sniper Level! XD

Damn I love this game. 8)

Back