Climax of Code Geass episode leaked online before premiere

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-15/last-6-minutes-of-unaired-code-geass-r2-episode-leaked">Earlier this week,</a> the last 6 minutes of the third episode of 'Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2' (currently airing in Japan) were leaked online and quickly became available on video streaming websites like YouTube. The popular mecha series' production committee has since claimed that Bandai, ironically testing a system to prevent unauthorized video publishing, posted the final section of that episode due to "human error". <a href="http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/04/16/how-code-geass-r2-ep3-got-leaked-ahead-of-time/">Apparently</a>, the employee in question created a YouTube account "5 hours before uploading" and then uploaded the video "saying that it&rsquo;s part 4/4 of episode 3".

how on earth do you accidently upload a episode to a place where most people consider a "pirates paradise"? And almost a week too early

I'm also thinking this had to be a publicity stunt. Around about this time last year, there was a lot of controversy over Gurren Lagann too. Seems like it's an interesting new tactic to make themselves look like idiots to attract a bit more attention. Regardless, I find their explanation quite amusing :)

I'm not sure why they're making such a massive fuss about it. Getting the end of an episode a week in a advance is hardly jaw dropping (maybe if it had been the final episode or something).

Still, the story about it being leaked unintentionally is pretty unbelievable. A publicity stunt seems far more credible.

i've seen it, and i still think their excuse is a bit iffy to be honest. I heard bits and pieces about it also incorporating bits from the latest geass game, Lost Colors but i have no idea if its true or not, and what exactly is used if anything. Mind you i didn't understand much going on in the clip anyways, just bits and pieces.

The NEC Biglobe video-streaming service accidentally leaked images from the preview for the fifth episode of Sunrise's Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 robot anime series before its broadcast. Biglobe was preparing for the streaming of the fourth episode — which officially airs in Japan on Sunday — when it uploaded video to an online page. However, the page had public access, and images from the video were eventually leaked. The company confirmed that unspecified images were posted onto an individual's blog by around 3:00 p.m. on Thursday (or around 2:00 a.m. ET on the same day).

The images were captured from scenes in the fifth episode's preview, which will run at the end of the fourth episode. The Japanese website newAkiba.com has posted the reportedly leaked images. (The website contains spoiler images for the Code Geass R2 series, as well as graphically explicit imagery in unrelated advertising.)

The final five minutes and 51 seconds of the third episode were accidentally released online four days before broadcast last week. In that separate incident, another online video service, Bandai Channel, accepted responsibility for the leak.

ok i'm now officially convinced this is all a publicity spot

no respectible company could mess up this much

Back