Claymore?

CLAYMORE!

Well I'm reading the books and seen the anime so I pretty much love it.

The anime covers 10.5 of the books and then drifts off and ends, but overall the anime is great, but the manga's better =P

Guessing you don't know anything/much about it soooo..

The story is about a "Claymore" called Clare, A boy called Raki and Creatues called "Yoma".
Clare is a "Claymore" that's half Yoma and Half Human with super strength and a giant claymore (sword) and her job is to kill Yoma for the organisation that creates and controls all the claymores.
(small spoiler) At the start she meets Raki who is interested in her from the start and after that he's pretty much addicted to being by her and being able to fight with her and protect her.
After a while into both the anime and manga it covers the reasons why Clare's a claymore and why she trys to hard..

Overall it's pretty action filled with a good storyline

Last edited by a moderator:
My other half was reading the manga and was hooked. Together we were watching the anime. The animation is gorgeous and the plot is really good and intriguing. We've not completed the series yet but really good!! Check it out!

We were watching it in a dimly lit room on my laptop while we were in AZ. I don't remember well but my wife says it doesn't look dark.

Maybe you should adjust the settings on your screen, that might help.

I enjoyed the anime a lot, didn't really care for the manga. It's essentially a Shounen Berserk filled with females as opposed to men.

JamesX said:
Have you found the animation to be a bit dark at times?.. or is that just me..

Yeah, exactly. It's really off putting, isn't it? I have to strain myself to watch it because it's so damn dark in some scenes and annoying.

I really like the manga, just wish there were more out..

@ Yagami - Yeah it's slightly putting off, especially considering some action scenes have loads of claymores in.. nothing anime breaking mind you.. you can still see what's going on..

I try not to let such things interfere with my viewing experience. If the animation is really poor or the subs are terrible then I can't watch it. If the story doesn't.. well if it doesn't have any substance then that also turns me off.

Dark = not a problem for me.

I liked it. Why? Because I have taste.

If you enjoyed Berserk you'll enjoy Claymore - that's a given. They're the two best anime dark fantasy series out there, both having godly flashbacks stories and both featuring lots of sword swinging/monster killing.

The last few episodes sucked, though. Blame it on Madhouse not wanting to go for the same sort of ending as the Berserk anime, instead opting to finish the story...without resolving anything.

Aion said:
The last few episodes sucked, though. Blame it on Madhouse not wanting to go for the same sort of ending as the Berserk anime, instead opting to finish the story...without resolving anything.

Yeah, I didn't know what to think of the filler ending.. mainly because it wasn't much of one.. but none of the less it was pretty good.. drifted off quite a bit though..

Claymore is an excellent show ,well worth watching as there's plenty of action and the claymores themselves (all blond hair silver eyes butt kicking females)are joy to behold .The last two episodes of the anime are stand alone and completely separate from the manga.
the best advice I can give is after watching the show on fansub ,I'am just waiting for the show to come out on region 2 dvd.It lools like manga ent. have finally settled on the 8th of june as the release date for the first two discs thankfully after they bounced the release date around like a yo-yo for ages :roll:

I just recently started reading the manga of Claymore and it's freaking awesome! I wanna start watching it also, especially after hearing all the positive replies about it in this forum ;D!

I'm a very positive person by nature.

Also, your new AUKN name is 'Naru-G'day' from this moment onwards.

Back