Christmas gifts.

BDT87

Student Council President
For everyone who celebrates Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

Tell us what you had for Christmas, any manga/anime related presents.

Manga.
Blue Exorcist Vol.1
Fullmetal Alchemist Box set Vol 1-27
Naruto 7 & 8

Anime
Bleach Series 6 box set

I got Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzimiya (US BD/DVD combo pack) and am being given £50 to put towards preordering Arriety, Whisper of the Heart and whatever else I want as my family organised me a smaller pile than everyone else :)

Rather nice of them.

*Tower of Druaga DVD
*Buso Renkin DVD
*Death Note Blu-Ray(the live action movies)

£70 cash (thats anime related since i'll be using it to buy the materials needed for a Strawberry Panic cosplay and an Azumanga Daioh cosplay.) :)

Oh and my uncle got me a t shirt which is technically anime related too.

It's got Sheldon from Big Bang Theory on it and it says 'its not cartoons, its anime!' :D (so made up with that!)

I just realised that my company gave me a £50 voucher; now last year I gave it to the family as I don't really shop at most of the places it covers very often.

However, I noticed that this year HMV is included in the promotion, so rather than giving it away I used it in thier sales/offers at the moment.

Noien Complete Series £8.45
Shigurui Bluray £11.75
Nausicaa £11.99
Arrietty Deluxe [BD/DVD combo] £16.99

Basically all from my company as an Xmas thankyou :D

Whilst I was at it, as I am going to be getting £50 from the family for xmas as mentioned earlier, I grabbed these

Amazon:
Rin Daughters of the Mnemosyne £6.95
Whisper of the Heart Blu-ray £15.99
Sengoku Basara Blu-ray
Welcome to the NHK £17.99

With the Christmas money and the gift card, this whole lot will cost me a hugely excessive £4 :D

Anime:
Death Note Complete Collection (was surprising since the person who got it, was originally looking at FLCL but thought it sounded rather crazy)
Ouran High School Host Club Complete Collection
Xam'd part 1

Also got a £60 gift card for HMV which will most likely be used to get Darker Than Black s2 and Xam'd part 2 next week.

Anime:
Requiem from the darkness complete
Eden of the east: movie 1

Manga:
Pluto vol 1-8
Ooku vol 1
Tanpenshu vol 1-2

I've also preordered code geass r2 complete & also vagabond vizbig vol 6.

I have £20 which I'll probably spend on something anime/manga related.

Planetes and that's it. A far cry from last year when I had a whole hoard of anime DVDs.

I did also buy the HSoTD omnibus for myself as a present. Also the walking dead compendium, so I now how two books I could probably use to kill people with blunt force /o/

From my brother the following Region B blu-ray preoders,
Arrietty Deluxe Edition Double Play
Whisper of the Heart Double Play
Welcome to the Space Show (I forgot the release date had been put back and HMV still listed the old release date :roll: )

From my parents,
£100 - too late get anything for the big day (I only got the money a couple of days ago) - I'll either get some artbooks (I've got Valkyria Chronicles 2: World Artworks on preorder plus there are the Persona artbooks out next year) or I'll put it towards some Region 1/A dvds/blu-rays from Planetaxel or UP1 next year.

Nothing in terms of Anime and Manga this year in gifts.

But my parents will be providing the funds for a New Blu-Ray player from Argos, it's cheaper in some other place but it's nearby and already reserved they said they'd pay for it anyway which is rather nice of them. :)

Anyway the Blu-Ray player is mainly for Multi-region playback, it will be able to play my Ranma 1/2 and One Piece sets whilst looking decent (along with other planned purchases), the cheap multi-region DVD player I have is just... *Shudders

reborn said:
Also got a £60 gift card for HMV
Rapturous news! You may now acquire a quantity of goods whose total value would equal roughly £45 if purchased online. Such is the problem with being bound to brick and mortar.

Zin5ki said:
reborn said:
Also got a £60 gift card for HMV
Rapturous news! You may now acquire a quantity of goods whose total value would equal roughly £45 if purchased online. Such is the problem with being bound to brick and mortar.
Yep, I was hoping for the off chance gift cards would be accepted online, oh well. Best I can hope for is at least 3 dvds.

I turned half of a £15 iTunes gift card into Mami Kawada's "Seed". Which for some reason, is missing a track (I had to buy them all individually and there was one missing). Oh well, I like Mami Kawada.

Ian Wolf said:
"Robotech - The Complete Series" and "Only Yesterday".
A BRIEF CONVERSATION FROM TOMORROW:
 "But when was it that Robo-tech was purchased by yourself?"
 "My dear, 'twas only yesterday!"

Back