Chobits

Conan-san said:
the manga did a far better job of Gelling the whole idea of the story better than the anime.

ALso; Bones should of animted Chobits and gotten in the Angelic Layer link aswell.
Madhouse did a pretty damn good job with animation if you ask me. You will not find any other anime with same artistic style anywhere.

Maxon said:
adamcube said:
It's one of my old favourites. Just a shame they bothered introducing so many new characters so late on, without leaving any time to properly develop them.
It's one of my favourites too. However, the focus needed to be kept on human interaction and technology. There's also the concept of A.I. Chobits is a lot deeper than people give it credit for.

I totally agree. That and the ethics of romance with the artificial were by far my favourite aspects of the series.

Maxon said:
Conan-san said:
the manga did a far better job of Gelling the whole idea of the story better than the anime.

ALso; Bones should of animted Chobits and gotten in the Angelic Layer link aswell.
Madhouse did a pretty damn good job with animation if you ask me. You will not find any other anime with same artistic style anywhere.
Realy? I didn't think the art style stuck out as much.

I have just recently watched the whole series of Chobits (yeay for anime fan friends!) and completely loved it! Would never have watched it if my friend hadn't owned the series for the storyline sounds completely like something I'd avoid. Somehow it works! The cheese, romance, humour, weirdness all makes the right chemistry. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm!

*bounces up and down like Sumomo* Aye! :wink:

Only got the first Dvd myself, but I like it through the fanservice, after all, a girl wandering around a town chanting 'Underpants, Underpants' always manages to amuse on the most basic of levels :p

I do intend to check out the rest at some point, but fighting through the backlog of stuff to get does take time. :oops:

Conan-san said:
Maxon said:
Conan-san said:

Realy? I didn't think the art style stuck out as much.
Art doesn't have to stand out to be good.

When I can afford to buy it, I'm gonna give Chobits another chance (I watched the first dvd a while back, and wasn't too impressed.)

I think my main issue with it was that in the manga, the focus is more on Hideki, how he tries to find things out about Chii, and how things happen like, relating to him. The anime seemed to more be like, lets put Chii at the front with everything else being in the background. I thought it wasn't as good as it could have been (God knows I loved the manga), which is a shame because it is one of Clamp's best titles.

Cago1020 said:
When I can afford to buy it, I'm gonna give Chobits another chance (I watched the first dvd a while back, and wasn't too impressed.)

I think my main issue with it was that in the manga, the focus is more on Hideki, how he tries to find things out about Chii, and how things happen like, relating to him. The anime seemed to more be like, lets put Chii at the front with everything else being in the background. I thought it wasn't as good as it could have been (God knows I loved the manga), which is a shame because it is one of Clamp's best titles.
Chii needs a lot of focus too. It's not as if she's only a plot device. Anyway, I thought there was a more equal spread of time spent on characters in the anime.

I know Chii is important, but I just didn't really see the point in entire episodes devoted to her going hunting for underwear, following a truck and stuff. It offers light comedic value, but I'd have rather (from what I saw), had the storyline start earlier on to flesh it out more.

Chii obviously is important, but I just don't see why they need episodes like that. If they want Chii-centric episodes, they should be devoted to developing Chii's character, or exploring more about her rather than meaningless fluff.

Cago1020 said:
I know Chii is important, but I just didn't really see the point in entire episodes devoted to her going hunting for underwear, following a truck and stuff. It offers light comedic value, but I'd have rather (from what I saw), had the storyline start earlier on to flesh it out more.

Chii obviously is important, but I just don't see why they need episodes like that. If they want Chii-centric episodes, they should be devoted to developing Chii's character, or exploring more about her rather than meaningless fluff.
I totally agree but fillers are a fact of life.

Back