Chobits

Fan4Lost

Completely Average High School Student
I hope this isn't a duplicate thread. I searched but couldn't find one.

I just got done watching this series. Just adorable! A cute little love story! Without giving any spoilers away, it has a sci-fi theme but it doesn't concentrate on that aspect too much. You're more in tune with the love story.

It's a soft story but well worth the watch. :wink:

I don;t know how Anime works, but maybe they were originally going to have two seasons and the plug was pulled and then they had to rush to finish it off. I dunno really. I just enjoyed it. Fun and sweet.

Fan4Lost said:
I don;t know how Anime works, but maybe they were originally going to have two seasons and the plug was pulled and then they had to rush to finish it off.
Doubt it, the manga ends the same way.

I enjoyed it, not the greatest romance of all times but very cute and funny. Sometimes it seemed a bit slow but overall i liked it.

It's one of my old favourites. Just a shame they bothered introducing so many new characters so late on, without leaving any time to properly develop them.

I belive that Chobits was the first anime series I bought on DVD and completed in general, although the Battle Royale manga had already got me into the whole anime/manga thing and then I moved onto Bleach and got hooked. :p Those were the days.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Fan4Lost said:
I don;t know how Anime works, but maybe they were originally going to have two seasons and the plug was pulled and then they had to rush to finish it off.

Ah! I see! okay, then it was just the way it was written then.

I still liked it. Though I will agree with Nyu, it did drag a little sometimes.

Fan4Lost said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Fan4Lost said:

A friend told me that it's similar but the anime did not tell the audience about the condition from the manga in the ending. It's something like, he can't have sex with Chi because it will reboot her and erase her memories.

I like this show. It's funny, ecchi, and meaningful.

naya_lulu said:
Fan4Lost said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Fan4Lost said:

A friend told me that it's similar but the anime did not tell the audience about the condition from the manga in the ending. It's something like, he can't have sex with Chi because it will reboot her and erase her memories.

I like this show. It's funny, ecchi, and meaningful.

yeah i never quite got the sex thing in chobits, can they actually do it now that chii ran the program? ( i feel weird talking about sex with robots LOL)

So far I have only read the manga and not gotten around to the anime, but its a good series and one day I am sure I will invest in a boxset

adamcube said:
It's one of my old favourites. Just a shame they bothered introducing so many new characters so late on, without leaving any time to properly develop them.
It's one of my favourites too. However, the focus needed to be kept on human interaction and technology. There's also the concept of A.I. Chobits is a lot deeper than people give it credit for.

I haven't bothered reading the thread beyond the first post, but my thoughts on it were that it was a good concept that got put together a little badly. There were a few filler episodes and pointless recap episodes, and then the last few felt rushed.

It got needlessly complex as well with those 2 persocoms turning up with no sort of backstory, or a crappy one, either way...

Still, it was harmless enough, and I did enjoy it.

Link100p said:
He can have sex with her, but it will erase all her memory as her reset switch is in where her vagina would be.

I don't know why but that really made me laugh.

Lots.

I quite enjoyed it. But it did seem a bit rushed as many of you have said. Kinda reminded me of the Hellsing anime in a way. Both really could have't been expanded on a bit in my opinion.

Still fun though.

the manga did a far better job of Gelling the whole idea of the story better than the anime.

ALso; Bones should of animted Chobits and gotten in the Angelic Layer link aswell.

Back