Children Of Men

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
So, anyone seen this brilliant film yet? Sure, people keep going on and on about the action sequences (which are very impressive), but the film as a whole is fantastic and relevant. You could say its the film V For Vendetta would have liked to have been. Maybe.

I recommend this to anyone who likes realistic, gritty science-fiction.

Also, the whole refugee / goverment civil conflict reminds me of the tensions that build-up in Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig series.

Thought I'd share that. :)

Will be checking this out next week, can't wait to see it, will let you know what I think then but to be honest if you like it Hovis! I am pretty sure I will like it too

I really wanted to see it at the cinema but sadly missed it, but got it on DVD after hearing good stuff and it really didn't let me down it's a great film.

It is definitely a good film. Happily i went to see it when it was at the cinema, i didn't realise it was coming out on dvd yet.
Some quite shocking scenes, it often feels like a little glimpse of the future, which makes it rather depressing

Charter_Mage said:
It is definitely a good film. Happily i went to see it when it was at the cinema.

What cinema did you see it at if you don't mind me asking?

I was planning on watching this at the cinema, but the two major ones in Plymouth (think the one that use to be the ABC is now called The Reel or something like that, and the Vue).

Unfortunately it wasn't at the cinema for that long and had a very poor and limited selection of showings (happens a lot in Plymouth in my experiences. It happended with Fearless, Seven Swords, New Police Story, Warrior King and A Scanner Darkly. Though I did manage to see the latter, despite the fact it was at the cinema for just one week.).

I am going to buy it on DVD eventually but its a film I'll wait for the so-obvious-it'll-happen second edition that will ultimately be released in the future.

Thought I'd share that.

Also, a lot of the film is shot in single takes with limited editing, which is something that'll we'll see more and more in films and TV programmes in the future (South Korea's Old Boy and Taiwan's Warrior King spring to mind of other films that use one-shot takes in places). :)

I know what you mean Hovis i wanted to watch A Scanner Darkly in plymouth but by the time i'd decied when i found it wasn't on anymore, so i didn't even bother trying to watch Children of Men there and when i came to Middlesbrough i was unfortunetly out-voted and ended up watching the below average Click.

Hovis! said:
Charter_Mage said:
It is definitely a good film. Happily i went to see it when it was at the cinema.

I went to see it at my local little 2 screen cinema, The Regal, i found a picture :) : http://www.destination-cornwall.co.uk/w ... Cinema.htm
It didn't stay there very long either, a week or two at most i think, i went to see it on the last showing i think

Charter_Mage said:
Hovis! said:
Charter_Mage said:

I went to see it at my local little 2 screen cinema, The Regal, i found a picture :) : http://www.destination-cornwall.co.uk/w ... Cinema.htm
It didn't stay there very long either, a week or two at most i think, i went to see it on the last showing i think

Better than most multiplexes mind you! :lol:

By the way, I haven't chatted to you for yonks! I miss our chats! We'll have to arrange something time if that's okay? :)

Michael Cane was great in this wasn't he guys and gals? I mean, he gets top-marks from me just for continuing his "Pull my finger!" remarks even though he kept get shot as a result. Perhaps that's where he went wrong...

Hovis! said:
Michael Cane was great in this wasn't he guys and gals? I mean, he gets top-marks from me just for continuing his "Pull my finger!" remarks even though he kept get shot as a result. Perhaps that's where he went wrong...
I know, i thought it was almost like he wanted to die :? , i wouldn't have even dared it once, perhaps he knew they would kill him anyway, so he might aswell go out with a bit of style (if thats what you would call it, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back