Ceres: Celestial Legend

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I'm going to have a fun weekend reading the first 6 volumes of Ceres: Celestial Legend that I just treated myself to :D
After thinking about Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres (having rewatched both quite recently), I started to wonder if Ceres the manga was different from the anime because both FY and Ceres are 15 manga volumes, but FY is 52 episodes and Ceres only 24, my curiosity overcame my purse :lol: and I can't wait to find out how different the 2 might be :D

Anyone else read it? or want to read it?

I've read volume 4 of Ceres (I meant to order volume 1 but amazon's item description was a little unhelpful and, well, mistakes were made). What I read was similar to the anime, but according to the back, from volume 5 the manga would go into more depth (including a promised 'steamier love triangle'). I've also heard from other sources that the anime is a bit rushed compared to the manga- let me know what you think once you've read it.

Red XIII said:
let me know what you think once you've read it.
I will! I have a funny feeling that once I've read all the ones I have here, my purse will be feeling even emptier paying for the next 9 volumes :mrgreen:

OK, I've now read up to volume 10 of Ceres and all I can say is WOW!
From half way through volume 5, it takes a completely different turn to the anime. There are some really cool characters that aren't in the anime, as well as the ones that are (Chidori and Miori are still there!). Not only does it take some pretty cool turns, it's so much more graphic in the gore department and by golly are the intimate scenes hot and heavy :wink:
I need to get the rest now! This is one of those most enthralling, captivating manga stories I have read for some time and even though I know the basics of what happens, it doesn't detract from my reading enjoyment at all :D

Ceres is defs my fav Manga all the gore is the best bit after reading the 1st 2 vols i went and brought the dvds witch are good but the manga its self is much more gripping lol and the detail to the blood n gore ect is much better :3

Re: Hi!

cercia said:
I haven't read Ceres but I like Fuushigi Yugi. Do you think Earthian will be translated? Is it out in US?

Tokyopop licensed Earthian earlier this year, but you'd have to check out their website to see if there's a release date mentioned yet!

Back