Cartoon Network sponsored animation festival in 2007

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Sponsored by Cartoon Network, a new international animation festival titled "Platform" has been announced in the US and aims to promote the diversity and quality of the genre to the world.
  • "Looking to fill the need for a major animation event in the U.S., the PLATFORM International Animation Festival will be a literal platform for artists, innovation, debate and discussion as well as set the stage to explore new developments in animation. The Festival program will feature premieres and retrospectives, exclusive screenings, guest speakers, exhibitions, workshops with leading artists, parties and networking opportunities with industry insiders. The Festival is being solely sponsored by Cartoon Network."

"PLATFORM represents a brand new breed of festival. Along with being an international competition with cash prizes, the Festival will break boundaries into other art forms including comics, illustration, character and toy design, motion graphics, gallery art and live action cinema."

"The international competition is open to films under 40 minutes (with no minimum running time) and there is no entry fee. Renowned international judges will present awards in categories covering commercial and independent films, student animation and films for new platforms, including cell phones and the Internet. Rules stipulate that films must have premiered after January 1, 2005 to be eligible. In total, more than $50,000 will be awarded. The deadline to enter the competition is March 1, 2007."

Aww.. I'd enter my uni project into this if I could go there. =( No way I can afford the plane ticket though.

I had heard there was a cartoon network event in the uk though, I can't remember when where or if it even exists, but something's ringing a bell in the dark closets of my memory. >_>; Its just a very old rusty bell operated by a meek old man who's got mould growing on him.. Anyone know what I might be talking about?

Back