Canis Canem Edit (Bully)

At the moment my gaming diary is too full to buy this as I just started GTA San Andreas at the weekend. Let us know what the game is like as I am very tempted to buy it later on this year after 03/11/06 - NFS Carbon (PS2) and GTA Vice City (PSP). I love the idea that the game is about a kid standing up to the Bully's getting revenge for normal kids and not, as most people believed, about you being the bully and gaining points tormenting innocent children.

McIcy said:
and not, as most people believed, about you being the bully and gaining points tormenting innocent children.

Which would also be cool (no only joking) i like the looks of the game but my gaming diary is also quite full with guild wars, black and white 2, call of duty 2 and a few others.

mr-brett said:
McIcy said:
and not, as most people believed, about you being the bully and gaining points tormenting innocent children.

Which would also be cool (no only joking) i like the looks of the game but my gaming diary is also quite full with guild wars, black and white 2, call of duty 2 and a few others.

Don't forget Neverwinter Nights 2 out on 3rd November

McIcy said:
Don't forget Neverwinter Nights 2 out on 3rd November

wasn't planning on picking that one up, not played the first one and 2 doesn't really appeal to me, seems like an MMORPG offline and i already got Guild Wars anyway.

Primus said:
It also seems that Jack Thompson is getting in hot-water and trying to get Take-Two in Hot Water agian.

Jack Thompson is to video games what Ken Warwick is to robotics. :lol:

By the way, did you know PC World and Currys have withdrawn the sell of this game because it "...doesn't suit their family orientated image." or something close to those lines?

And like the Grand Theft Auto franchise provides wholesome family fun for goodness sake! The people in charge of these businesses may (or may not) be academically sound, but it means nothing if you don't have common sense!

And what's worse, this game won't be the "unsavoury" creation many short-sighted forecasters have predicted. I'm expecting a modern version of 'Skool-Daze' here! :lol:

You actually fend off Bullies. You don't play as one. Jack Thompson had to do some outrageous bluffing when that was revealed.

The media is hyping this way out of propotion.

Wanna know what happens when something controvisal is released people get curious and sales go through the roof.

If people really feel it's that bad they would do the smart thing and keep there mouth closed since in reality i would think it would get boring after a week in playing.

X_nick_X said:
The media is hyping this way out of propotion.

Wanna know what happens when something controvisal is released people get curious and sales go through the roof.

If people really feel it's that bad they would do the smart thing and keep there mouth closed since in reality i would think it would get boring after a week in playing.

Isn't there a clichè that goes on the lines of "Bad publicity is free publicity" or something? Not that I enjoy clichès at the end of the day. :wink: :) :D :lol:

By the way, I agree with this point. :)

McIcy said:
Stop it Hovis! you've already got me to fork out a tenner today on Yakuza

lol Sorry about that. Still, I'd choose Yakuza before Canis Canem Edit, though its probably just the mood I'm in at this moment in time. :lol:

I bought this just under a week ago and its not only a great game, but its considerably more impressive than I expected it to be. In fact, I personally prefer it to the Grand Theft Auto games.

One of many things that impressed me about this game is that it was genuinely funny. Loads of satire, some it obvious, some of it subtle.

I liked some of the mini-games which I got the impression were tributes to older games. I mean, there's a lawn-mower simulator (there was one of those on the old Commodore Amiga's) and there's also a mini-game where you make money as a paper boy. It reminded me of, you guessed it, the old Paper Boy game!

Some of the characters were good too. I liked the homless guy behind the bus who saw active service during the Korean civil war. Some stinging satire towards the military early on there that made me chuckle.

Not a perfect game but it'll definetely stay in the memory long after the hardware is used on has become obsolete.

Back