Cambridge Anime and Manga shops

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Will be in Cambridge over the weekend visiting mates and drinking, but was wondering if there are any locals on here who can recommend any manga or anime shops hidden away.

The only one I know of is Forbidden Planet, which is somewhere in the city.

There's Waterstones (Ground Floor at the back) for Manga and HMV (1st Floor with the other Blu-ray and DVDs) for Anime as a note.

Forbidden Planet is on Burleigh Street, which is just behind the Grafton Centre shopping centre - it's actually recently moved into a significantly larger unit. Aside from that, as NormanicGrav said, your main avenue for anime is HMV, which is only about a 2 minute walk from Forbidden Planet on Fitzroy Street (funnily enough, if you exit the Grafton Centre from the doors nearest Next, you'll come to a fork in the road where you can either go to Burleigh Street or Fitzroy Street). If you're looking for blu-rays in HMV, be warned in that all the blu-rays are stored in the giant generic section...making finding them quite difficult xD.

For manga, Waterstones is near the market square, as is WH Smith. WH Smith tends to only stock Viz Media UK titles though - Waterstones has quite a large selection though (I was only in there yesterday, they have everything from Attack On Titan, to Naruto to Puella Magi Madoka Magica. They did have WataMote but oops, I bought the last one on display xD).

Cheers for the advice ended up in forbidden planet and Fopp (I think it was called Fopp) picked up a few DVD's and also Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe which I have been after for ages :)

I miss it when we had 2 Fopps in town, less than a minute walking distance apart (1 was an old music-zone when they foolishly purchased those branches)

Back