Calling all Loveless fans

Hi there

I have just read Loveless 03, so I thought I would start a thread about the manga as there may be other fans in the forum. For anyone reading this message who doesn't know the story, it's about a 12year old boy called Ritsuka, who doesn't have any memories past two years ago. One day after school he meets a mysterious man called Soubi who knew Ritsuka's dead brother. After checking on his home pc he finds a post humous message from his brother saying he was murdered. It's from here that the story really kicks off as Ritsuka investigates his brothers death. The manga has BL overtones - so it may not suit everyone's tastes.

I was wondering what other Loveless fans thought about Volume 03. I particularly found the back story about Soubi and Ritsu-sensei interesting. We don't know much about Ritsu, but everytime he crops up, I just end up hating him more.

Also, if any other Loveless fans are going to the Expo this saturday, I will be dressed as Ritsuka, wearing the outfit on my avatar. I will be a purple haired cat boy! I will also be wearing a 'Manga Girls' badge on my jumper, so if you see me, come and say 'Hi!'

Anyway, over to you...

M.G xx

I'm yet to read volume three, but have heard much about it and will be sure to pick it up when I have a moment.

I love the ins and outs the story has, with a great host of characters ^_^

With a snipit of Ritsu & Soubi's past I will be sure to read it!

Hiya Fei

Its worth it for the Soubi/Ritsu story alone. What I really like about the series is that there is always one bit in every volume which is a little philosophical, which makes you think about about life in general. Volume 2 was especially good about this - its the scene where Ritsuka was talking to his psychiatrist about why we are born, why do we live and ultimately why do we die. I really liked her response. In the anime, they expand on this a lot more.

BTW, I just found out about the latest Loveless chapter which is being serialized in Zero Sum magazine in Japan at the moment. There are some major developments which change everything.

I'll bring the book on saturday so you can have a peek. See you at the the expo...

M.G xx

Hi there ^_^

I've just finished watching the Loveless anime series and was a little disappointed about the distinct amount of loose ends left dangling - does the manga explain things a little better? If so I'd love to pick it up some time!

Hi there Melainy

Think of the anime as more of a teaser for the manga. I think they purposely left it open for another series, it only had 12 episodes.

The manga is much much better, it explains more about the characters, whats going on and has a more darker feel. Bearing in mind they didn't know how to end it as the series is still running, and I suppose, Yun Kouga is the only person who really knows how to tie up the series.

But I would say check out the manga. I know in Japan, there has been a major storyline turn, which changes the entire story. But this will be in Book 7. As we're on 3, there's a long wait. But the Seimei storyline does have a few major twists that were never mentioned in the anime. I think they deliberately left them out. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for others, so if you want to know, drop me a PM, and I will tell you.

But there is much more to the story, believe me.

M.G xx

Eeep!! I love Loveless, sadly I've only read vols. 1-2 ;___; Ritsuka is so cute. >.< That's what I saw the anime was left at episode 12 only. Hoping there's another great season in the works! ^_^

Hello Tenshi

Another Loveless fan, hurrah.

You must get volume 3 - its super excellant. It tells the story about Ritsu and Soubi ^^

Drop me a PM anytime, I'm happy to talk Loveless with you.

M.G xx

I watched the anime not to long ago and so thought I would have a look at the manga. The anime seemed to leave so many loose ends that would have seemed to have lead on to something bigger! I felt a little dissapointed at the ending, I wanted to know more!
It was then that I decided to rush out and buy the manga. So far I've only read my way through volume one, but already it seems to be leading me past those cliff hangers! I'm really enjoying the series and cant wait to read more!

Hello Anzu-Butterfly

Hurrah! Another Loveless fan. I know what you mean about the anime, its more of a teaser for the manga. I think they deliberately left an open ending as they were thinking about another series. Considering there is so much fantastic material in later volumes, I'm surprised they haven't made one!

Keep reading - it's a well crafted story. Albeit its darker than most shojo manga, but the characters are fascinating and just like you, I was wrapped up in the Loveless world very quickly.

If you want to discuss any of the volumes, please do. I especially liked the way volume 1 chucks you into the story with very little clues as to whats going on. Ritsuka is so sarcastic in that volume. Poor Yuiko, I can't help but feel sorry for her when Rit-chan said he doesn't like stupid girls...

I know I shouldn't laugh... but the way he said it, was so funny.

Sparkleness,

M.G xx

Pomtry and TRASHBAT,

In my humble and completely biased opinion, Yes! it's a great manga. It was the first shojo manga which got me interested in more darker storylines as it deals with stuff like child abuse (parents hitting their kids etc) and Ritsuka, who's the main character is a bit messed up as he has amnesia or a split personality, so he's in therapy. (He's more of an anti hero.) Plus, in the first volume, he looks all sweet on the surface, but he's really sarcastic and makes quite cutting remarks. Even I thought, "Whoa... you can't say that."

I've read the first 4 volumes and the charcters develop alot, and the plot twists and turns a bit. It's a shojo manga with Boys Love overtones - so there are some boys smooching which might put a few people off. (Just thought I'd warn you ahead of time.) Plus it deals with the relationship between a 20year old and a 12 year old, and even the therapist wants to date the kid.

So, its morally compromising.

But that's why I like it.

M.g xx

Back