Brown wants to ban knives from video game lead characters...

Roadie

School Idol
...and maybe from games altogether.
Dammit why is he the PM? To ban knives from video games is just bonkers.
E.g. I run up to a terroist on Call of Duty, rather than whip my knife out I could. slap him?

Yes that will work, no knives in games, its a shame gta also has meat cleavers, hammers, chainsaws, handguns, rocket launchers and my personal favourite the mini-gun.

First he should try banning them from real life and then go after games.

It's a shame that as always the few idiots in the world have to ruin it for the many.

I get so tired and annoyed at the unintelligent approach taken by the majority of people when it comes to violence in games, sadly it's the same argument on both sides of the fence. Within reason I don't mind what's in a game and it'd be nice to have some proper and intellectual adult games.

I've been playing games now for almost 20 years, and I'm now an aspiring games developer with a degree in said field, it's so demoralising when I hear people are continually trying to limit creativity further, bad enough we only seem to play sequels of sequels these days.

Without a knife how would Cooking Mama work .... chop with your mind power!?

Never post such a topic without it's source. If you did, you'd find he didn't actually say that.

His actual quote:

“No one wants censorship or an interfering State. But the industry has some responsibility to society and needs to exercise that.â€

Some how sneaking up on a sniper on COD4 and smacking them over the head with a baguette just doesn't do it for me :p

Knifes all the way.... random :p

Its a bit late for that the are loads of games out there with knives. This is probly one step in there plan to censor everything and make everything dull and boring.

They would never censor knives in video games becase then they would have to censor knives in movies, and then on tv shows (probably including cooking shows) and then finally knives depicted on book covers or paintings. This would never happen, as they would just find it easier to censor any videogame that they could not rate as 3+.

Espy said:
Never post such a topic without it's source. If you did, you'd find he didn't actually say that.

His actual quote:

“No one wants censorship or an interfering State. But the industry has some responsibility to society and needs to exercise that.â€

OH NOEZ, THIS IS TOTALLY GOING TO RUIN VIDEO GAMES AS WE KNOW IT... Mainly Resident Evil though, WITHOUT THE COMBAT KNIFE WHAT WILL OUR FAITHFUL HEROES DO!?

He just said will the industry stop putting knives in the games,since most games devlopers are foreign it'll be ignored.

I don't think people walk around with knives to seem like video game characters(well a few might)but generally people carry weapons becuase there scared of getting attacked by...others with weapons.

...and the cock behind the 'dick in the mouth' logic are the same ****farts that earn a six figure wage.

I wish I was paid insurmountable packets of cash to make retarded decisions. :(

Back