Bought a bootleg of Digimon Season 1

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
Thought I'd make a new topic rather then bump my old one.
Anyway, pics of packaging;
1zgey6o.jpg
2evg951.jpg
98u594.jpg
1zr2q7q.jpg

xc5a4g.jpg

Quality:
I don't have a pc with a BD player so can't take Screencaps.
I'll take pics with my phone later.
The remastering is similar to that of the new DBZ BD's, however it is 4x3 and has no fox logo's at all.

All on all I'm impressed with this unofficial BD release. Is it worth £75. Hmmm maybe not. Maybe once I've finished Disc 1 I'll decide for sure.

I had won a £500 bursary from my university and so I bought a PS4 (which sucks) and thought, Digimon on BD £75. I have the money. May aswell lol.

So far I'm impressed. Has disc art. As a pretty slick menu and marathon mode.

Only thing bothering me is the fact it isn't official.

Re: Bought Digimon Season 1 Blu-Ray!

So this is a bootleg? I was excited for a moment that i'd missed out on the announcement of a Blu-ray release.

Looks pretty slick for a bootleg but I wouldn't pay money for anything that isn't official.

£75 for a bootleg? Eep, sounds like you got ripped off badly mate.

It has the 20th century fox blu ray opening lol.
To the untrained eye this looks pretty legit.
But yeah, I can't justify the £75 price tag.

Oh yeah, it shipped from the U.S on Friday and arrived today. So that was pretty sweet. My order from Amazon.com (for a bunch of anime that were on sale) was shipped same time but is estimated Monday 31st, hopefully this import fee's deposit works out.

I wouldn't trust anything with than FULL HD 1080 on the back/discs.
I'm a bit baffled as to why you bought this to be honest. You'll never get HD Dub Digimon. If I remember correctly it was hard enough to track down the Dub TV masters for the series.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Oh yeah, it shipped from the U.S on Friday and arrived today. So that was pretty sweet. My order from Amazon.com (for a bunch of anime that were on sale) was shipped same time but is estimated Monday 31st, hopefully this import fee's deposit works out.
Not sure if it's the same for Amazon.com, but for two Amazon JP orders I've had an email come back about 2 months later stating that they would refund me the import fee deposit.
Evidently they do refund it to you if they don't use it.

Yeah umm...you're insane ^^;

I changed the topic title so that people who want to actually support Digimon aren't misled. Might lock it depending on the next few posts ^^;

R

Haha!!
I dunno. I just thought may aswell lol call me crazy!

Not sure if it's the same for Amazon.com, but for two Amazon JP orders I've had an email come back about 2 months later stating that they would refund me the import fee deposit.
Evidently they do refund it to you if they don't use it.
Even without the refund it's still a pretty good deal for 3 fairy tail parts, legendary heroes and a few dcu films.
I'm more worried incase Customs charge me despite these import fee's. A refund as well as it arriving unscathed I'd be the happiest guy ever lol

Mangaranga said:
I wouldn't trust anything with than FULL HD 1080 on the back/discs.
I'm a bit baffled as to why you bought this to be honest. You'll never get HD Dub Digimon. If I remember correctly it was hard enough to track down the Dub TV masters for the series.

Which surely implies it's a home made upscale of the DvD release.

Surely a decent DvD player and a good TV would do a good enough job of boosting the appearance of the DvD set without needing to spend money on something that's not legit.

I'm sure the PS4 will prove it's worth in the long run, consoles always take a while to get rolling.

Youch, that kind of money for a hypothetical legitimate season 1 blu-ray set would be a lot, but a bootleg? Ouch.

The only bootleg I own is an Outlaw Star DVD set I got for Christmas; it's definitely one of the better bootlegs I have seen (looks really nice and the quality is actually pretty good) but I'll be buying Anime Limited's set the moment they (finally) release it.

Back