Borrowing Manga

Mightysor

Kiznaiver
Do you take out manga books from your libary?

I currently dont own any mnaga myself and just take them out from my school libary but I might by Fruits Basket vol 1 -5 as my school doesnt have them all.

I wish i could, went down to my local library last week and had a wander around but they don't stock any of them, it would be good if I could borrow 1st issues of series that way I could see if I like them before I buy them.

But after borrowing the first volume I'd still have to buy the series I like as I love owning them, seeing them on my shelves and knowing that I can go back to any series I like and re-read it whenever I feel like it without having to visit the library and hope its in stock.

You are very lucky your school stocks manga neither my school, college or uni stocked anything like that.

I suppose I am lucky as they stock Iron Fist Chinmi the first manga I read and fell in love with. They also have how to draw manga books which I have checked out.

My school LRC stock a couple, but they're of no interest to me really, its part of that group Tanoshimi. Being a school with children in it, they don't have basilisk :?

I haven't found any manga in my local library, but I did go into a graphic novels section of a couple of libraries about 30 minutes away. 1 of which had a VERY graphic yaoi title :shock: and the other library had a few titles I wasn't interested in. Shame.

the library here, from what i remember, doesn't stock manga, so i just buy them. i find it much better, and i don't need to keep returning and then borrowing the manga again when i want to read it again

Arbalest said:
the library here, from what i remember, doesn't stock manga, so i just buy them. i find it much better, and i don't need to keep returning and then borrowing the manga again when i want to read it again

Good point and also my school libary only allows you to take 2 books out at a time one fiction and one non fiction so I might just check out my locla libary because I can take out 12.

I've never rented one, i really prefer to own the things i read. I was actually surprised a little while ago when i whwnt into our local library and found a small section of manga...problem is of course, there no whole series. People have either booked them out, or the library only got random ones in

pomtry said:
butch-cassidy said:
*Sigh*

In my day we never had Manga in the Library and we had to walk to Japan to blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

:p

You sounded realy realy realy old just then :lol:

Yeah all he needed to do was add the line "bare feet through heavy snow" and I'd have sworn he was my dad.

Checkout out my other local library today and no manga there either so I might put in some requests for series I am thinking of collecting

This is spooky! I was thinking about joining the library near where I work to get some of their manga!

I've had a quick look at their website and there's an online catalogue with some stuff in. Might be a good place to start...

D'oh!

I'm very lucky to have an extremely good local library where I have read DN Angel, Tokyo Babylon and an amazing supply of Korean manwha titles.

Unfortunately, I only realised this after a year of liking manga, by which point I had already bought a lot of the titles. (Since working in London, Border's had become my official library...)

Because they had such an interesting selection I did enquire to see if they had a manga fan on staff but apparently there isn't. The books are just sent to the lilbary. I did have an interesting conversation with the head librarian as I explained to him what the differences between japanese and korean manga were.

M.G xx

Re: D'oh!

Manga Girls said:
I'm very lucky to have an extremely good local library where I have read DN Angel, Tokyo Babylon and an amazing supply of Korean manwha titles.

Unfortunately, I only realised this after a year of liking manga, by which point I had already bought a lot of the titles. (Since working in London, Border's had become my official library...)

Because they had such an interesting selection I did enquire to see if they had a manga fan on staff but apparently there isn't. The books are just sent to the lilbary. I did have an interesting conversation with the head librarian as I explained to him what the differences between japanese and korean manga were.

M.G xx

Thats exactly the same for me.After years of buying whole series,which isn't cheap,i find out my local library has quite a lot of good titles.I have yet to actually buy a GTO or Get Backers manga.Though i must say i do still like to buy my own still,but it's handy for when i dont have any money.

I went to my local libray today to see if they had any manga. They only had about 10 and non of them where volume one of anythng.

Back