Bootleg advice

skikes said:
ROFL! NO IT DOESNT HAHAHAHAHA

honestly if you believe that youll believe anything!

...hang on, let me guess, u also don't masterbate in fear of going blind!?
It might sound stupid to you but it does fund organised crime.

skikes said:
Ryo Chan said:
Link100p said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:
do u really care if it is a bootleg if its good quality?

sure i love funding terrorist just to save a little money
I hope you're being sarcastic.

Skikes, it doesn't matter, I just prefer having the real thing, you may as well download it than buy a bootleg.

yes i was, my point being alot of bootlegs ends up supporting terrorism

do us all a favour and stick to the random chit chat forum till you know what your talking bout k?

Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:
Ryo Chan said:
Link100p said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:

Skikes, it doesn't matter, I just prefer having the real thing, you may as well download it than buy a bootleg.

do us all a favour and stick to the random chit chat forum till you know what your talking bout k?

yes i'm obviously so offended, you've brought my anime fandom into question. i bring dishonour to my household...
this is radiculous, it's only a forum. relax or get a life or something. yeh anyway the point in question...

It does not fund organised crime ive even heard watchdogs admit that there is no hard evidence that pirated dvd's fund organised crime other than the fact that its organised crime in itself.

I myself personally have never bought pirated anime dvds because i dont shop online at all, i was merely trying to make the topic a little more interesting by bringing in another view on the topic.

...you guys really need to chill, its only a forum there is no need to be so rude. the internet really is the home of the brave because where im from if people spoke to eachother half as bad as the way u guys talk to eachother online youde soon find that u were wearing ur teeth to decorate ur trainers!

skikes said:
It does not fund organised crime ive even heard watchdogs admit that there is no hard evidence that pirated dvd's fund organised crime other than the fact that its organised crime in itself.
Yeah, it funds it because it IS it. You just said it yourself right there.

skikes said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:
Ryo Chan said:
Link100p said:
Ryo Chan said:
skikes said:

yes i'm obviously so offended, you've brought my anime fandom into question. i bring dishonour to my household...

i must of missed that part, i coulda sworn i was talking about bootlegs funding crime, not your anime fandom but ok if you want it to go down this line

buying bootlegs = no money to the company's that produce the shows = less money to hire staff, good voice actors, music, animators ect = less anime shows = the gradual end of anime

that better for you? Either way i'm not going to get into a war of words here. If you want to buy bootlegs thats your choice, but in the end don't think for 1 minute your helping to support the community

and you must have missed this part:

I myself personally have never bought pirated anime dvds because i dont shop online at all, i was merely trying to make the topic a little more interesting by bringing in another view on the topic.

yes it supports organised crime but only because pirating dvd's IS the organised crime...

to believe that it supports terrorists is absurd! :eek:

"Organized crime provides links to traffic weapons, personnel and materials across borders."

Are you saying that there isn't a link there?

skikes said:

yes it supports organised crime but only because pirating dvd's IS the organised crime...

in the end there is no proof supporting either, alot of people say it doesn't where as an equal amount of people say it does as sites like http://www.piracyisacrime.com/bigissue/index.php show.

in the end bootleging is worse than fansubbing, sure the companies still don't get paid but thats still not as bad as someone else getting paid for their work

Conan-san said:
See, if anime was £10 a disc RRP this sort of nonsence, whilst never being totaly eradicated, would certainly be less.

it's easy to say that but can you say that apple and co selling mp3's for only 99p instead of £3 per cd has reduced illegal downloads drastically?

skikes said:

Don't be so Naive. Don't just think of Bin Laden etc everytime someone says Terrorism. Terrorists can and do operate crime syndicates and the money comes from somewhere.

Many of these DVD's are not created in basements or someones bedroom but very well operated factories in China, run by guess who.

This really isn't up for argument here, piracy funds organised crime. Now please get back onto the subject of how to tell them apart before another thread gets locked.

Ryo Chan said:
Conan-san said:
See, if anime was £10 a disc RRP this sort of nonsence, whilst never being totaly eradicated, would certainly be less.

it's easy to say that but can you say that apple and co selling mp3's for only 99p instead of £3 per cd has reduced illegal downloads drastically?
It's done a fair bit in the name of mediation between outright gun-ho piracy and hard ass companies who couln't see the future if it was painted on canvis for them.

And I would be a lot more willing to plop down £10 to see the next lot of say, Gundam episodes when the only viable alternitve is being a pirate as this is, unfortuantely, not Canada.

Back