Booking opens for London's annual anime all nighter

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The SCI-FI LONDON Film Festival has <a href="http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2008/programme/all-nighter/anime.php">officially announced</a> the schedule for its annual Anime All Nighter. Taking place at the West End Apollo Cinemas on midnight of Saturday, 3rd May, the line-up is <em>Appleseed Ex Machina, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Tekkon Kinkreet</em> and <em>Vexille</em>. <a href="http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2008/programme/all-nighter/anime.php">Seats are open for booking</a>, but you are advised to act fast as this event sells out very quickly.

I want to go to this, this year. o_O I'll see if I can get together some people, I doubt anything will happen due to the fact the London Expo is the same month and dragging somewhat half hearted anime fans to two events in the same month would be troublesome. The West End isn't the easiest place to get to or technically safest place to be on a late Saturday night, either.

I'll see, I would love to see Tekkonkinkreet and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on the big screen, Whilst the other two would be the "icing on the cake".

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? Wonder if we'll be seeing that on DVD here if their showing it. But thats somthing else I guess.
I want to go, pitty I don't think I could pull an all nighter =(

Paul said:
... but you are advised to act fast as this event sells out very quickly.
Just thought I'd draw attention to that part - tickets sell like the proverbial hot cakes...fortunately I've already succeeded in booking tickets so I'm now looking forward to the evening. The previous years have been excellent - I can't wait to see Appleseed Ex Machina and re-watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on the big screen.

Well, the day after is London Anime Club, which is followed by J-Pop Go:

From the J-Pop Go Forums:
Quote:
J-Pop Go returns after a lengthy sabbatical to join forces with the London Anime Club for another night of cool J-Pop goodness.

The LAC will be holding their traditional monthly meets on Sunday May 4th 2008 from 12pm onwards. Come down to chat to anime and manga fans, browse the stalls for cool DVDs, manga and merchandise and enjoy the anime shows!

Following the LAC meet, J-Pop Go will take over from 7pm to midnight. Our resident DJs include chococat, Voxie, Yamada, Jimmy Messerschmitt and GenkiBoi playing a wide selection of J-Pop, J-Rock and games and anime music.

The venue is the Hogshead Pub, 1 America Square, London EC3N 2LS.

More details will be flagged soon!

So I plan to make a weekend of it :D

King Jimmeh said:
As a note, I can't find a way to book tickets for the all nighter on the website... =/

Me too, it takes me to some random place, which is not selling tickets for the all nighter...

Just out of interest, as I don't think I'll be going as its a long way.

Are the movies subbed, dubbed or a bit of both?

Hi, Tickets for the all-nighters are only available over the phone 020 7451 9944, or in person at the apollo box office.

This is becauase there is assigned seating, so you'll want to say where you want to sit.

shazadx said:
Hi, Tickets for the all-nighters are only available over the phone 020 7451 9944, or in person at the apollo box office.

This is becauase there is assigned seating, so you'll want to say where you want to sit.

any "map" of the venue? I have no idea where I would like to sit =(

if you want to see the seating plan, you'll have to go to the cinema box office in person.

There's no seating plan online.

Back