Bokurano - Who else is looking forward to it?

Necromancer

Stand User
I just finished watching this promo video and am wondering who else is looking forward to Bokurano? I've read all of the manga available in english (if you know where to find it) and can't get enough. Really looking forward to more Zearth action and pilots geting killed off :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting and i might check it out. Unsure of the story since i don't speak japanese and at 2am i cant be bothered to go look but i think i have the jist of it.

I really liked the animation and it looks very well done. But i strongly disagree with the 3-D animated mecha, i just don't think it fits in at all. Yes to have small amounts of a show done using 3-D is ok but not to have something like that. I prefer it without.

Nyu said:
I really liked the animation and it looks very well done. But i strongly disagree with the 3-D animated mecha, i just don't think it fits in at all. Yes to have small amounts of a show done using 3-D is ok but not to have something like that. I prefer it without.

The mecha aren't really a big part of the story besides the basic plot and fight scenes so I don't mind them being 3D, Gonzo's other 3D mechs are in Samurai7 and Gankutsuou were really well done. I'm just hoping they don't do Dung Beetle in 3D.

Yeah, I read all the manga chapters two weeks ago, the anime adaptation better not be fail like most of Gonzo's works. Oh! And they better not drag it out, they can really get past to where Machi pilots Zeath at least, hopefully and even though I should stop being a downer I'd much rather like a more.. metal-ish intro theme, but Chiaki Ishikawa is all good since she has an awesome voice.

EDIT: I believe Dung Beetle is voiced by Akira Ishida. <3

Lupus Inu said:
I believe Dung Beetle is voiced by Akira Ishida. <3

I should've noticed Coemushi means Dung Beetle when I looked up the seiyuu's on ANN :lol: . He's always great and I'm looking forward to his performance, so far Gaara (Naruto), Katsura (Gintama), Coud (Eremetar Gerad), and Nagi (Mai HiME/Otome) are my faves of all his roles. He was Tomonori Komori in Shadow Star Narutaru, another anime adaption of a Mohiro Kitoh (Bokurano) manga. (end of Akira Ishida fanboy rant)

Based on what I've read of the manga (around half of the released material), Bokurano has the potential to THE anime of 2007 - my only concern is the "GONZO factor"; for such a famous anime studio they sure do produce some terrible animation (Speed Grapher is probably the worst). Of course, it should also be noted that several Ghibli staffers are working on this too, so hopefully they won't allow the standard to drop too low.

Ultimately I can't wait to see this. Bokurano has an utterly brutal streak running through out, and it's so subversive in the sense that it looks like just another teens mecha anime. Of course, we know better! ;)

Indeed, it does have potential, though with Gonzo the ending could put the series down a bit, considering how they've ended series in the past [like Gantz and Hellsing] though I believe they may pull it off this time and make Bokurano worth it all.

Back