Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo starting on Jetix UK, 14th April

The way Jetix works, I'm not sure the Disney people have even heard of "Successful non disney channel" ether.

Anyway, this was rather sudden, wasn't it? I honestly have to wonder what's with the lack of previews, I meen some shows that I will not sully this form by mentioning thier name, lets just say that Canadia should stick to voice acting and leave it at that, were being bumper whored weeks (If not months) before their release.

And Bo^7 is more about whacky hijinks than anything else and nothing realy strikes me as a problem.
Maybe the Japanese opening and Keroro Gunsou levels of On Screen Japanese, maybe, but otherwise I see no problem.

But still, Jetix has to prove itself before I give'm anything near the benifit of the doubt that they've stoped being asswipes.
Lets see what Rap happens here.

Hmm. . .Haven t seen the advert. not that i ever watch Jetix or anything. since there are most likely to be edits you reckon there going for Two versions. or personally think its going to get earlier and earlier, the same as the UK broadcast of Naruto did. Started at 8:00pm, then 7:30pm and back to where it is now the pity nothing gets by 6:30pm

I watched it this morning. My first glimpse of Bobobo but it did look a lot of silly fun. One of the most bizarre plots you could ever imagine and not badly dubbed, either. One of the oddities is the original Japanese text being left in place (this was not translated except occasionally by the narrator). The off-hand comments by Beauty about the Japanese text was quite funny as well, so it's all good as far as I am concerned. This was my first exposure to Bobobo, which I never got around to watching way back when it was originally airing so I didn't notice anything particularly with regards to edits but it all seemed to flow (as much as the story actually did flow).

Gawyn said:
I watched it this morning. My first glimpse of Bobobo but it did look a lot of silly fun. One of the most bizarre plots you could ever imagine and not badly dubbed, either. One of the oddities is the original Japanese text being left in place (this was not translated except occasionally by the narrator). The off-hand comments by Beauty about the Japanese text was quite funny as well, so it's all good as far as I am concerned. This was my first exposure to Bobobo, which I never got around to watching way back when it was originally airing so I didn't notice anything particularly with regards to edits but it all seemed to flow (as much as the story actually did flow).

Same for me. and right at the beginning i could of sworn someone (cant remember now) dropped a S Bomb. it was really strange. and i did love the comment about the lot of Japanese text to say something really small. My mother was in the room and i don't think she was too impressed by the whole nose hair thing; to be honest i wasn't, reminds me of the old '90's nickelodeon days.

Ok just finished watching the one at 8 on Jetix+ (missed the one on Jetix) And i thought it was the strangest thing ive ever seen... Did make me chuckle at a few points but to be honest i dont think im going to continue watching this unless it gets a more serious plot.

Insanity said:
Ok just finished watching the one at 8 on Jetix+ (missed the one on Jetix) And i thought it was the strangest thing ive ever seen... Did make me chuckle at a few points but to be honest i dont think im going to continue watching this unless it gets a more serious plot.
I don't think Bobobo is about serious plots. It is pure, whacky comedy and not bad for a bit of light relief.

Yeah, I actualy BT'd it during it's Toonami run and I found it halerious

"Wow, that's something you don't see often"
"What?"
"A show geting canceled after it's second episode"

We saw the first one as well. but if this is suppose to be a gaff at other anime and manga characters, the only one's I can see a similarity are the baldy guys looking like the fire wotsit people of Avatar, which isn't Japanese. Beauty reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who. This might be the downfall of this for me as I'll be trying to guess who is what from where all the time. BoBoBo reminds me a a cross between Johnny Bravo and Kenshin of Fist of the North star. I agree though that the ploy is that there is no plot

Mohawk52 said:
We saw the first one as well. but if this is suppose to be a gaff at other anime and manga characters, the only one's I can see a similarity are the baldy guys looking like the fire wotsit people of Avatar, which isn't Japanese. Beauty reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who. This might be the downfall of this for me as I'll be trying to guess who is what from where all the time. BoBoBo reminds me a a cross between Johnny Bravo and Kenshin of Fist of the North star. I agree though that the ploy is that there is no plot
Beauty may remind people of Digmon's Tachikawa Mimi, she's va'd by the same person.

The Kenshin link is deliberate, even in the orgional version, Bobobo's technique is called "God given first of the nose hair", also the 300X thing is a total throw in the Direction of Hoto no ShinKen

But this show is just insane and it just runs with it.

Oh, and incause you were wondering, yes, The Duck/underwear thing was actauly worn as underwear in the manga.
And If you need to be told WHY it became headgear in the anime, you clearly have no clue.

Back