BNP on Question Time

Much of I wanted to say has already been said. If anything, the BNP will see a small rise in popularity because that smug bastard Jack Straw did nothing to reassure disaffected Labour supporters that his goverment will listen to their concerns any more than they have during the last 12 years. In their scramble for the middle class vote they have left their traditional support, particularly those in the North West, feeling abandoned. Where do they turn to? The Tories?

I have to wonder what Griffin expected to get out of his appearance. He must have known that Dimbleby and the other panelists would use his very own words to expose the sinister nature of his party, that he would be relentlessly attacked, and he did not come out of it with much credibility. All it will do is reinforce the views of his party and their supporters that there is a witch hunt against them.

We didn't hear much of their policies, nor did we hear what Jack Straw plans to do about the numerous British towns and cities, one of which he represents, that are divided along racial and religious lines. Because that is why Nick Griffin is an MEP in the first place.

i don't have the energy to read all your posts....my personal view is...

BNP are a good thing...in essence. they just go about things the wrong way.

Yes the borders and immigration needs dealt with properly....but ethnic cleansing of any sort in this day and age would be risky business. So the politicians tend to shy away from their duties of sending illegal immigrants back. The end of the matter is....there's more entering the UK than leaving.....and we no longer have the space, money and resources to cover the growing numbers.....So closing the borders and sending those who aren't benefiting the country in any way should be sent back. The whole policy that you can claim child benefits even if the child isn't in the country of their parent should stop.

The point system shouldn't be the only counter measure. my mum said something this morning that actually makes alot of sense really. people who don't already have the money or qualifications to self sustain themselves shouldn't be let in. and the minute that they start to claim X Y Z benefits they should be booted out. the UK itself....should continue to deter its own people from being lazy bastards too. so its not just an outsider problem. its the UK residents being just as lazy and just as worthless. why discriminate? anyone found to be taking advantage of others should be stopped......now i don't pay my tax's for the government to spend it on worthless ends. cut the ends and redirect the money into the forces, give them proper armour and equipment. or.....just bring our lads an lasses home!

Redirect the money into the NHS, hell i know we need it. People complain about the NHS....but its the government cutting our funds thats affecting how well we can do our jobs.....think about it...less money = less equipment and resources (including job cuts) = more stress = more sickness = less people to run units and hospitals = poorer healthcare.

Although the BNP (as i've said before) are going about it the wrong way they are right in what they say.....other nationalities should conform to british laws and ways of living, not the other way round.

If the BNP dropped their racism in their policies & considered all British citizens equal no matter the colour, people might take notice of their other policies. As it is, noone cares what their other policies are because what they could potentially do right is overshadowed by what they would do very very wrong.

Tachi- said:
The point system shouldn't be the only counter measure. my mum said something this morning that actually makes alot of sense really. people who don't already have the money or qualifications to self sustain themselves shouldn't be let in. and the minute that they start to claim X Y Z benefits they should be booted out the UK itself....
Someone on a work permit cannot claim any benefits. In my passport I have a LARGE stamp that says that I'm entitled to live and work in the UK until XYZ, with no recourses to any public benefits.
also, the points system requires one year of bank statements showing more than 2800 quid on it at all times:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
Oh, and they only grant visa for people with a master degree now.

If you're coming as sponsored worker, they company must have announced the job for at least 6 weeks on job centres and the likes and not be able to find any suitable applicant within the country.

Tachi- said:
now i don't pay my tax's for the government to spend it on worthless ends. cut the ends and redirect the money into the forces, give them proper armour and equipment. or.....just bring our lads an lasses home!
Amen

Tachi- said:
Although the BNP (as i've said before) are going about it the wrong way they are right in what they say.....other nationalities should conform to british laws and ways of living, not the other way round.
I don't get this statement. Ignorance or cultural differences are no excuse to break the law. About way of living, I received a pamphlet taht told me I can't fish anywhere I want and I can't fish at all without a license and that is wrong to spit on the streets.
I fail more often than not in the not touch people thing though...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -carp.html

Oh right, Yeah i didn't know that people have to own a certain amount of money. I've said it plenty of times though; So long as people are self sufficient, Fit in with our laws and don't start any trouble and enjoy themselves i have no problem.

WRT conforming to our laws and things....i mean those who do "honour killings" within their families....Now i heard a couple of years ago a certain ethnic group where trying to get a law passed so that honour killings wheren't illegal. they lost ofcorse. but it does scare me when people can be so passive over killing anyone let alone their family members in the name of honour During peace time.
If that law had been passed....i think its safe to say that a Civil war would have erupted shortly after the first interracial relationship connected death occurred.

The packs would set out social rules such as how to queue in shops, not playing music loudly, not spitting, not touching people without their permission and not littering.

Well queing is what us brits do everyday of the year. We hate people jumping the que, regardless of who they are :p

Not playing loud music? why target people from other countries regarding this? get the british chavs off my bus's their the ones that the government should deal with.

No spitting....Actually...there are alot of asians who spit on the floor in luton. Tbh i'm unsure whether they agree that the streets should be hosed down more....or are spitting in disgust. or their just disgustingly mannered people.

As for not touching people without consent...Never saw a problem with it myself....word of warning though. never (in a drunken state or otherwise) see a bald little fella walking around a club and go rub the back of his head whilst shouting out "whahaaaaay" it doesn't turn out well.

And i agree on the littering. the streets are cleaner than those in Egypt....lets keep em that way.....the last thing people want is to fall into a manhole thats full of crisp packets so you don't see it.

SundayMorningCall said:
also, this daily fail thing, im curious, if this bitch had a go at Gately and he was black and she said his being black was like she said his being gay was, no-one would tolerate it, yet we tolerate blatant hatred towards homosexuals, hypocracy rears its head once again.

What the heck? Didn't you hear everyone saying that they thought it was outrageous? Everyone disagrees with it. No one tolerates it.

Thing is, we have freedom of speech in Britain. Where she's open to make comments about Civil Partnerships (Which is what it was about), we can make comments to counter it. I don't think the Media should be restricted on what they say.

Griffin did a good job of staying calm but he looked like an idiot. He didn't dare express his beliefs

I don't really think he did look like an idiot. The obvious hatred from the audience made him look the underdog in this and rightly so. Before he could answer questions the Woman next to him would just butt in, or the crowd would start jeering.

Also as for him not expressing his beliefs, I'd say he did. He put forth his views on Islam fairly, and in the least offensive way he could. Also, he openly said that the sight of two men kissing in public seems weird to him. He did put forth his beliefs.

We've got to remember, the Media hate the guy (and obviously love him, for the wrong reason. The reason that it sells papers when he's on 'em.) I wouldn't be surprised if the Papers do put words in his mouth. Wouldn't you if you're talking about the most hated man in Britain (allegedly) at the moment, wouldn't you make up some racist slur to put in his mouth? It'll seem believable and it'll sell papers.

I think everyone's just acting a bit too anti-BNP and we need to accept the fact they do have 2 seats now. Evidently, we couldn't dissect the BNP's policies, so most of us are in no way more informed about them. It was really pretty disgraceful how the audience acted. If they have something against him, instead of giving him the upper hand by calling him "Dick Gri- I mean Nick Griffin!" they should just present their arguments professionally. If he's a racist etc., then he'll reply in a racist way.

I'm not really sure where I stand politically. All parties seem just as bad as each other, to be honest. I'm just sick of this blatant "BNP-hate Bandwagon". They should stop comparing him to Hitler and start making professional arguments.

I watched the debate too and I enjoyed the humiliation of the BNP. While the politically correct version of the BNP which is expressed publicly by Nick Griffin and his ilk doesn't seem unpleasant or all that disagreeably (it's about immigration control, fighting against radical Islam, etc. - all fairly legitimate opinions; even his assertion that the sight of two men kissing repulses him is hardly controversial considering homosexuals are thought on as a social ill by all major religions in the UK and gay people are treated as second class under the law) but it's the stuff they do in private that exposes their true philosophy and it is racist and homophobic. Dimbleby done a good job of showing Griffin for what he is, I think.

That Tachi thinks the BNP is a force for goodness is outrageous. The BNP are a racist party, they have connections with white supremacists all over the world, they are homophobic, sexist and anti-Semitic (Nick Griffin has denied the Holocaust in the past).

i will find it quite ironic if there's any Judas Priest fans in the BNP or that support the BNP

because Rob Halford, as we all know is not only a kickass singer, but also the most badass homosexual on the planet

sorry for the very off topic post everyone

Spyro201 said:
SundayMorningCall said:
also, this daily fail thing, im curious, if this bitch had a go at Gately and he was black and she said his being black was like she said his being gay was, no-one would tolerate it, yet we tolerate blatant hatred towards homosexuals, hypocracy rears its head once again.

What the heck? Didn't you hear everyone saying that they thought it was outrageous? Everyone disagrees with it. No one tolerates it.

Thing is, we have freedom of speech in Britain. Where she's open to make comments about Civil Partnerships (Which is what it was about), we can make comments to counter it. I don't think the Media should be restricted on what they say.

Griffin did a good job of staying calm but he looked like an idiot. He didn't dare express his beliefs

I don't really think he did look like an idiot. The obvious hatred from the audience made him look the underdog in this and rightly so. Before he could answer questions the Woman next to him would just butt in, or the crowd would start jeering.

Also as for him not expressing his beliefs, I'd say he did. He put forth his views on Islam fairly, and in the least offensive way he could. Also, he openly said that the sight of two men kissing in public seems weird to him. He did put forth his beliefs.

We've got to remember, the Media hate the guy (and obviously love him, for the wrong reason. The reason that it sells papers when he's on 'em.) I wouldn't be surprised if the Papers do put words in his mouth. Wouldn't you if you're talking about the most hated man in Britain (allegedly) at the moment, wouldn't you make up some racist slur to put in his mouth? It'll seem believable and it'll sell papers.

I think everyone's just acting a bit too anti-BNP and we need to accept the fact they do have 2 seats now. Evidently, we couldn't dissect the BNP's policies, so most of us are in no way more informed about them. It was really pretty disgraceful how the audience acted. If they have something against him, instead of giving him the upper hand by calling him "Dick Gri- I mean Nick Griffin!" they should just present their arguments professionally. If he's a racist etc., then he'll reply in a racist way.

I'm not really sure where I stand politically. All parties seem just as bad as each other, to be honest. I'm just sick of this blatant "BNP-hate Bandwagon". They should stop comparing him to Hitler and start making professional arguments.

I agree with you about the freedom of speech thing, Im merely pointing out that if they guy had been black she would have been fired and stuff, y'know, its hypocracy, they cant even get it wrong properly.

SundayMorningCall said:
I agree with you about the freedom of speech thing, Im merely pointing out that if they guy had been black she would have been fired and stuff, y'know, its hypocracy, they cant even get it wrong properly.

What i'm saying is I don't actually think it mattered. I don't think she would have been fired.

In all honesty, I thought Jack Straw looked just as big a fool as Nick Griffin. He was a lot more evasive when it came to questions and had to be pushed several times to answer the questions straight. Baroness Warsi was a little evasive when the spotlight came onto the Tories but she held her ground well when arguing her point. Chris Huhne didn't really get a proper good word in. At times it felt like he was just repeating what Baroness Warsi said. Nick Griffin looked like an idiot and his nervous laughter was a tell-tale sign that he wasn't being entirely truthful about his views.

I thought Bonnie Greer was quite unneeded. If she has a cultural background and little to no political background, then she has no business being on a political discussion panel (even if it was just mud-slinging in Nick Griffin's direction). All she really did was contradict Nick Griffin and make him look like a fool. The non-politician seat should have gone to a political journalist.

I thought Jack Straw was by far the strongest intellectual voice on the panel. I really like Jack Straw, he's very articulate, very confident and very clever. It's a shame he won't be in government if the Tories get in (and it's not as likely as most people assume, Labour have hundreds and hundreds more seats than the Tories; it's really a huge climb upwards for the Tories and I really doubt Labour will be 'devastated' after the next election even if they don't have enough seats to be in charge).

CitizenGeek said:
(and it's not as likely as most people assume, Labour have hundreds and hundreds more seats than the Tories; it's really a huge climb upwards for the Tories and I really doubt Labour will be 'devastated' after the next election even if they don't have enough seats to be in charge).
*Chop!* Here's one for giving Labour the "timber" back to ground level. Just need a few more cuts into the so-called redwood and I'll be celebrating. (Have as much trust in Labour as the BNP, I just know they wont discriminate on who they'll screw over.)

Nooo, Labour should stay. Unless the Lib Dems get their act together, we gotta have Labour because the Conservatives are the ones who'd get into power otherwise. The Conservatives have not yet reversed their pledge they made several years ago to legalise certain crimes outlawed by Labour, & until they do reverse that pledge, I will always oppose them.

Mutsumi said:
Nooo, Labour should stay. Unless the Lib Dems get their act together, we gotta have Labour because the Conservatives are the ones who'd get into power otherwise. The Conservatives have not yet reversed their pledge they made several years ago to legalise certain crimes outlawed by Labour, & until they do reverse that pledge, I will always oppose them.
Aye, I agree with the same outcome. Lib Dems for office!! :p

Back