Blu-ray / DVD replacement or merging of cases

SkwigglesWorth

Magical Girl
Ok so occasionally cases arrived damaged, some just minor, some looking like they had a fight with a sledge hammer. And there is also
occasion where a series is split up into 2 parts and people like me want to save some space and merge 2 x 2 disc cases into 1 4 way case.

But either way you need/want a new case.
I'm not going to go into too much detail on just 1 or 2 (and maybe 3 disc cases) disc cases as they are pretty easy to get hold of standard UK Blu-ray case.

Out right buy a new viva elite case (but can get pricey) or unbranded case or just buy some swing trays

Buy a very cheap TV series, may be new, but could also go pre-owned from ebay or Cex. And a list of reletivly cheap titles and how many case and how many discs they hold (Not going to add prices but genrally they were probably pretty cheap at some point):
True blood Season 1-3 boxset - 3x 5 disc case
Boardwalk Empire -1-3 boxset - 3x 5 disc case
Walking dead S1-4 boxset - 2x 5 Disc cases (2 other cases I think are 2 disc)
24 Season 8/final season - 5 Disc case
Once upon a time S1 & 2 - 5 Disc ????
Vampire Diaries S1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 - 4 Disc cases - Boxset need to check but I think 1-3 / 1-4 / 1-5 will be ok
Bonse S5 - 4 Disc case
Bones S6 - 4 Disc case
Bones S8 - 5 Disc case????
Gotham S1 - 4 Disc case
Penny dreadful S2 - 4 Disc case
Arrow S1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (seprate seasons only) - 4 Disc case (boxsets dont work/ card digi pack things)
The Flash S1 - 4 Disc case
Smallville S8 - 4 Disc case
Black Sails S2 - 4 Disc case??
Black Sails S3 - 4 Disc case??
Supernatural S1- 4 Disc case
Nikitia S1 - 4 Discc case
Prison Break S1 - 6 Disc (need to check if there are version)
Lost season 5 & 6 (1-4 is fat cases aviod)- 5 (maybe 6 if bonus disc)
.........(will add more)

Using various cases and parts (swing trays) to increase disc count is another option.

So disc trays can make a (Amaray) single disc case a 2 or 3 disc case as long as it has the swing tray arms.
NOTE: Amaray 2 disc case which are set into the case do not have swing tray arms

Also some of the newer (None Amaray cases) can also add a disc tray too, but the arms/disc try holders are closer together (than Amary cases or some new ones mentioned below), which depending on what kind of disc trays you already have may mean they don't fit.
But if you have recieved any damaged 4-way viva elite cases it is quite possible you have some spare disc trays from them and these fit inside these cases perfectly.
4 way viva elite case break down to remove the trays
20220622_174615.jpg
The viva elite swing tray fiting into the newer style of case to make a 3 way case.
20220622_174738.jpg
There is also another newer cases (None Amaray cases) that has the arms/disc try holders in a simalr place to Amaray cases but they hold 2 disc by default and have swing tray arms, allowing you to add a swing tray adding an extra 1 or 2 discs.
Case made into a 4 way case
20220622_180102.jpg
There are also the newer (None amaray case) 4 way cases which you can remove the middle 4 way tray and add to the mentined above (default hold 2 discs and a tray) making it a 6 way case
20220622_180004.jpg
4 way disc tray added to 2 dsic case
20220622_180039.jpg
But does kinda make the orginal 4 way case a bit limited (max 2 disc with adding a swing tray)

Feel free to suggest other titles/TV series cases or other options of thing you could do or try, and I will add them up top.

EDIT: Will probably add something for fat Blu-ray case (holding 7-10 disc) at a later point
Also might try and add something for slim blu-ray cases (for the broken cases from america).

Last edited:
Still WIP
Placeholder for Blu-ray Fatcases (7-10) and US Slim cases/11mm (sorry not much of a list as of yet, more just some place holders)

Buying TV series for replacement cases:

NOT ALL CONFIRMED - PLEASE check before making any purchase*
List of TV series with Fat Blu-ray cases and hold 4-8 (maybe 10)
Farscape S1 - 5 Disc case
.........(will add more)
List of TV series with 11mm spines and hold 1-3
NOTE: Swing tray from via elite 4-6 way case also fit in the 11mm case (I'm pretty sure that that they come with in the first place)

NOT ALL CONFIRMED - PLEASE check before making any purchase*
Jerry Bruckheimer 8 movie collection (UK) - 4x 2 disc cases
??????????? - 3 Disc case
.........(will add more)

4 way fat case (None viva elite ones) (e.g. little busters season 1) often have an unused swing tray arms and can be upgraded to hold 6 discs by adding a spare swing tray

Possible place for new case. I personally havn't used them in a long time but keep considering the viva elite fat case bulk packs.
"Dragon trading" on Amazon or ebay

Last edited:
Still WIP
DVD Cases (sorry not much of a list as of yet, more just some place holders)

Buying TV series for replacement cases:
NOT ALL CONFIRMED - PLEASE check before making any purchase**

List of TV series with 14mm spines and hold 4-6
Friends 1-10 (white boxset / extended, exclusive & unseen) - 10x ??? 4 way cases
Chrone crusade - 4 Disc case
Studio 60 on the sunset strip - 6 Disc case
Terra nova - 4 Disc case
Lie to me S1 - 4 Disc case
Community S1 - 4 Disc case
Cougar town S1 - 4 Disc case
24 Season S1 - 6 Disc case (2-10 maybe similar but need to check) There is some card edition ones that won't work
The mentalist S1 - 6 Disc case
Flash forward S1 - 6 Disc case
Psych S1 - 4 Disc case there is two versions one in a 14mm case the other is in a bunch of super thin cases in a card box
Scrubs S1 - 4 Disc case two versions one in a 14mm case the other is in a card digi pack
Brooklyn nine nine S1 - 4 Disc case

.........(will add more)
List of TV series with Fat DVD cases and hold 4-8 (maybe 10)

*NOT ALL CONFIRMED - PLEASE check before making any purchase
Fairy tail collection 1 - 4 Disc case
Claymore - 6 Disc (might be slightly thinner than some fat cases)
Numb3rs - 4-6 depending on series
Shark S1 - 6 Disc case
Roswell S1 - 6 Disc case (S2 & 3 probably 6 but need to check)
Trauma - 4 disc case (might be slightly thinner than some fat cases)

.........(will add more)

Last edited:
Back