bleach vs naruto vs one piece

I feel like I've exhausted all the praise I can heap on One Piece, but suffice to say, it's amongst my favorite anime of all time. It's excellent in almost every category. Naruto will always hold a place in my heart too, regardless of fillers and the rest, that story has woven itself into my life over the last decade and I'm now well beyond the point of clinically saying whether it's "good" or "bad".

That leaves Bleach, which I've never especially liked and quit watching some time ago now. The music in the anime is god-awful, especially compared with the wonderful scores contributed to One Piece and Naruto, but basically, it's the characters in Bleach I don't like. They are too pretty, too one dimensional and not especially empathetic. No-one dies, so sacrifice is pointless, it lacks characters like, to name but a few, Zabuza and Doctor Hiruluk. Ultimately, it's way below Naruto and One Piece in my estimation, and come to think of it, also well below Yu Yu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin. And dare I say, I even enjoyed Dragonball Z more than I enjoyed Bleach.

Bleach is just Dragonball Z with swords. I enjoyed it back in the day, indeed I did, I thought it was amazing, but now? Meh.

CitizenGeek said:
^ No way?! 300+ eps and not a single one is boring? I find that hard to believe ...

They all have bad fillers, Bleach's one filler arc was -decent- from the random episodes I watched, but nothing great.

chaos said:
CitizenGeek said:
^ No way?! 300+ eps and not a single one is boring? I find that hard to believe ...

What can I to if my standards ate really low?!? ^_^
I believe it all comes down to enjoying the characters and see how they act to whatever situation is thrown at them. If you disliked the characters or found the show to be slightly meh anyway, there is a low chance of you liking the One Piece fillers, at all.. Personally, I don't think any one of them is "boring", Some parts of the anime are more interesting than the others - That's is just how it works out though.

For a couple of the filler arcs, Eiichiro Oda himself has helped out with them. That would be another contributing factor that the fillers aren't dull by any standards.

Oh Yeah. For me, One Piece > Naruto > Bleach! ^__^

Jayme said:
For a couple of the filler arcs, Eiichiro Oda himself has helped out with them. That would be another contributing factor that the fillers aren't dull by any standards.

One Piece -> Bleach then Naruto..

Some of Naruto fillers are simply unbearable, Bleach fillers are passable though.

chaos said:
Jayme said:

One Piece -> Bleach then Naruto..
I simple can't say that - Bleach is no where as good in keeping you hooked. Even though I know Naruto Shippuden sucks really, really bad - I enjoy the episodes immensely. I never got into Bleach in the same way, Soul Society was decent and then after that and a new score came in it went all topsy-turvy. I do like this Hueco Mundo arc though, I just don't think I can say no to Naruto. I'm in the same position as Paul as I can't pass judgement on it.. At all.

Also; I only like a few characters in Bleach, There are way to many. -_-

One Piece by far is the best. In Naruto most of the character are the same. Like Sasuke and Kakashi. In Bleach its SOOOOOOOO hard to follow and it gets so complicated. And dicriminats against people with ginger hair. Which i hate.

Wow that's tough, Up until the end of the Soul Society ark I would have said Bleach but I struggle to watch it at the moment, most annoying sidekick characters EVER! Seriously the show did not need them at all. Once they are gone that will probably climb back higher in my rankings.

Naruto has slowed too much and has the humiliation of a year+ worth of filler so I go for One Piece even though that has had plenty of that through it's time and while some is good, some is devastatingly bad on a par with the worst of the Naruto filler. The thing is even in bad filler, Luffy can always make you laugh.

I've always liked Bleach more than Naruto, but for one piece, I haven't been bothered to watchit.

Imo, Naruto is way way annoying and probably one of the most overrated show. How many flashbacks can I stand in the show, and they are all laughable. Sasuke easily puts me off, the soundtrack is pretty meh at best and the characters are just... uninteresting.

The only thing I'll applaud for is Humour, which has a edge over bleach.

Bleach however, is a good anime. But the Arcs after SS are pretty meh... until Nel comes in <3 She just makes the anime awesome again.

Back