BLEACH to Return, and Tite Kubo's Burn the Witch Receiving Anime

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
With next year marking the 20th anniversary of Tite Kubo's popular BLEACH manga, a number of new projects are being announced - including an anime of the Thousand Year Blood War story arc, and spin-off one-shot Burn the Witch!

Continue reading...

Pretty excited for this. Bleach was the first of these long running shonen shows I watched and always enjoyed it. Evan (and in some cases especially) the filler arcs.

I hope they expand some of the fights and scenes from the Manga arc... Tite Kubo really rushed some stuff, the arc was full of "off-panel" fight endings and the like. The final fight especially was anti-climactic.

Either way, looking forward to it, the Bleach anime was a big hit with me, especially the OST. Really hope Shiro Sagisu comes back.

Burn the Witch on the other hand, I can go either way with...

I took over reviewing Bleach at Season 5 for this site way back when (just checked back and it was January 2011) and having followed/reviewed the anime series through to the (bitter) end, through thick and thin, I can't help but be excited at this news! (And agreeing 101% with @Cold Cobra about Shiro Sagisu as the must-have composer for the OST.)

I hope they expand some of the fights and scenes from the Manga arc... Tite Kubo really rushed some stuff, the arc was full of "off-panel" fight endings and the like. The final fight especially was anti-climactic.

Either way, looking forward to it, the Bleach anime was a big hit with me, especially the OST. Really hope Shiro Sagisu comes back.

Burn the Witch on the other hand, I can go either way with...

Hopefully it will let itself take its time. I mean it has no need to worry about catching up, and if they start extending the end to flesh areas out more then that will be a big selling point for people to watch it.

But man, I can't wait for this. The familiar voices, the great fights (please don't let any end up like Escanor vs Meliodas), the music that made things epic. The long wait to hear any news is finally over.

No idea what to think of Burn The Witch though. One shot was alright, but it is hard to judge it from that alone since I expect the serialized version has changed a lot since then. The original Bleach one shot was like that after all.

“even more powerful than Sosuke Aizen” Yeah no such a strange misconception, don’t read beyond this if you haven’t read the Manga. First off no where in the Manga was it stated or implied that Yhwach’s reiatsu couldn’t be sensed like Hogyoku Aizen and Dangai Ichigo, quite the opposite. It was stated at least twice for both that they could be sensed. ”But Yhwach said Ichigo regained the power he lost against Aizen” Yes Ichigo regained POWER, not that he regained the same level, during that statement there’s a picture of Ginjo clearly referencing the Fullbring arc. A base Yhwach was couldn’t physically surpass a Shinigami (Ichibei, also injured by pre power up wounded Bankai Ichigo) has no idea how powerful Aizen and Ichigo were. “But Kisuke said Aizen is stronger than when he fought Ichigo” Again Kisuke wouldn’t even be able to judge their power, Kisuke is just impressed with the power Aizen is displaying while RESTRICTED. Another overlooked point, Aizen was still restricted even once he’s out of the chair. Sure Yhwach was physically more powerful than this restricted Aizen but Aizen’s ability was shown to be a counter to him and if he took the suit off he’d dominate Yhwach. Only reason Aizen was even pushed back is due to plot induced stupidity for the main characters to finish the job, logically Aizen could have taken Yhwach’s head by himself by simply striking him as he’s busy fighting thin air. We don’t even know what Aizen’s Bankai is, probably because it’s so powerful that revealing it creates plot holes. Yhwach’s power does as well but that half of the arc is horribly written overall compared to even past arc issues. Aizen can’t even die and the Hogyoku powers him up indefinitely when he’s being overpowered, remember that the only reason he was defeated in the first place was because Kisuke secretly places a Kido on him that only activates against someone stupidly more powerful weakening him AND because his subconscious will to be defeated causes the Hogyoku to briefly reject him. Given Aizen could sense Yhwach the gap between his restricted state and YHWACH isn’t even as large as against Dangai Ichigo. Yhwach or any Quincy from what we saw have no sealing Kido. Last point is that Yhwach’s power itself is overrated, he can’t literally alter reality in any way he wants. When he revives himself it’s just an asspull that contradicts what he said when it’s first revealed. He states that it’s no different than the power we possess, all he’s doing is typing a message in the future rather than the present. And that’s all he ever shows with it aside from reviving himself, therefore all we can give him is that. But we see he couldn’t revive himself a 2nd time even though his power returned right before Ichigo cuts him in half, he couldn’t even see the arrow coming. Showing that Yhwach unlike Aizen has a vulnerable state

Back