Bleach Filler Discussion!

Kurz Weber

Straw Hat Pirate
I am trying to get into the 'big 3' I started off with One Piece as I thought it looked the most interesting and I loved it and have watched every episode that is out so far. I was going to start Bleach next but I was wondering is the filler in Bleach actually worth watching or will it just bore me and make me not want to watch the full series?

The Bount saga (first filler arc) killed me enjoyment of the Bleach anime and I went from watching religiously each week to ditching the series and starting the manga and playing catch up with that (read the manga still weekly).

I can't comment on the other filler arcs, but comments I read imply they're mostly awful.

The early filler arcs I don't mind too much, but it gets really annoying later on as they'll just start a major confrontation and then just cut into a filler arc. That was very, very frustrating.

As said above the Bounts arc is probably the best filler arc, i quite liked the new Captain Shusuke Amagai arc as it spent more time in the soul society instead of just following Ichigo all the time. Didn't think much of the Zanpakuto Unknown Tales arc and haven't even watched the Gotei 13 Invading Arc. I'd definitely recommend skipping the Karakuraiser and most of the individual filler episodes as they're just painful, there is some filler episodes with backstory for some of the arrancars which would be worth watching.

The wikia site is very helpful in seeing how many filler episodes there are, around 155-160 epsiodes of filler, that's almost half of the entire series so it all depends how much time you want to spend watching filler.

Personally if i started watching from the beginning again i'd just skip all the filler episodes and go back and try the big filler arcs afterwards. At least then the filler wouldn't stop you from watching the rest for quite awhile as it's happened with Bleach & Naruto with me.

DragonBlaze67 said:
As said above the Bounts arc is probably the best filler arc, i quite liked the new Captain Shusuke Amagai arc as it spent more time in the soul society instead of just following Ichigo all the time. Didn't think much of the Zanpakuto Unknown Tales arc and haven't even watched the Gotei 13 Invading Arc. I'd definitely recommend skipping the Karakuraiser and most of the individual filler episodes as they're just painful, there is some filler episodes with backstory for some of the arrancars which would be worth watching.

The wikia site is very helpful in seeing how many filler episodes there are, around 155-160 epsiodes of filler, that's almost half of the entire series so it all depends how much time you want to spend watching filler.

Personally if i started watching from the beginning again i'd just skip all the filler episodes and go back and try the big filler arcs afterwards. At least then the filler wouldn't stop you from watching the rest for quite awhile as it's happened with Bleach & Naruto with me.
Think I will just skip them especially considering how bad people say they are and that they take up like half the series its just a waste of time really.

I'm just before the Zanpakuto arc myself so cannot comment further but I enjoyed the fillers, other than the Bount arc which I found tedious, though that might have been cause I was very very new to Anime at the time so I thought it was part of the big main story but it amounted to nowt .. that's probably why I hated it so much? So I could be ..being a little unfair. I guess best bet with the filler arcs is to watch a couple episodes and see if you like where it's going.
There's a few episodes here and there that are pure filler that can be skipped though a few of those episodes are quite fun to watch IMO.

Back