Bleach box sets

BDT87

Student Council President
For the people who buy this series you might know that after a short while the packaging of the box sets change from Armary Slimline with the box to a butterfly case.

Now I have all the slimline in my collection at the moment but can't seem to find it for series 7. I have bought it 3 times now and it is the butterfly case so I have to return it as it will look weird in my collection. I know for some people they don't care if it look out of place in there collection but I do.

So the question is does anyone know where is the best place to purchase it and it's guaranteed to get the Slimline edition. (Don't reply saying ask the supplier first as I have done that and one of them lied to me)

Thanks.

I've long stopped caring how Bleach looks in my collection because frankly, MangaUK are so inconsistent.

My seasons 1-3 are in the cardboard boxes, my season 4 is singles (my fault on that one though), my season 5 is the cardboard box with the weird red redesign and I have volume 1 of season 6. Then I hear they'd changed the design with season 9 to fit Kazé's design 9.9.

I'm not sure if anywhere online can guarantee the slimline box :/ You could check in your local CEX, I've seen the slimlines in mine a few times.

I understand you completely though, I cannot deal with things looking ..out of place.

EDIT: You could go through the sellers on Ebay and ask them about the boxing..or specifically, for a picture of it just so you know for sure.

Dannielle said:
I'm not sure if anywhere online can guarantee the slimline box :/ You could check in your local CEX, I've seen the slimlines in mine a few times.

I understand you completely though, I cannot deal with things looking ..out of place.

EDIT: You could go through the sellers on Ebay and ask them about the boxing..or specifically, for a picture of it just so you know for sure.

Have asked 2 people on eBay which were cheap about them, but only had one response and one was the butterfly case

Paradox295 said:
What's a butterfly case?

Its a case that holds all 4discs or more in one box

The box style change is always accompanied by the reduction in the RRP, down to £12 or £15 or so from much higher. So any site you see selling at £15 or less probably has the single case edition, which is a way to spot the redesigns.
That said, you could try asking AOL which they have in stock, as they certainly know of the terrors of multiple editions as they go rereleasing all their stock.

I think a HMV near me still has the slimcase s7, but they want £50 for it. If you'd be willing to pay that much it may be worth checking one if there's one nearby you.

The UK tins were always sold as a separate special edition, so there's no chance of them getting confused with the others except if the seller doesn't know otherwise.
Joshawott said:
my season 5 is the cardboard box with the weird red redesign
Well, that's half Manga and half Kaze's fault.
Bleach gets licensed for Europe in roughly 52 ep blocks aligned to series.
Block 1 is s1-3, block 2 is s4-5, block 3 s6-8, and block 4 s9-12. (Series numbers are UK/JP ones)
In some places like Poland, the blocks are marketed directly as seasons, for example episode 168 is labeled 'season 4 episode 1' there.

Each block has a different Kaze box design style; in order, white (silver tins), red (black tins), white wallpaper, black wallpaper.
Manga used a Block 1 cover for s4, which is Block 2, presumably not realising the reason for the cover switch.

The boxes have always followed a Kaze box design, so the s9 box should look something like this.

nanika said:
That said, you could try asking AOL which they have in stock, as they certainly know of the terrors of multiple editions as they go rereleasing all their stock.

I have gone and sent them a message so hopefully I will hear a reply tomorrow. Thanks for that.

My series 7 of Bleach is the 4 slimline cases inside a cardboard sleeve. Is this the version you require? if so, I'd gladly trade it for the 'butterfly' case as they consume far less space and I have the first 5 series in that style casing.

I just wish I could also find series 6 in the 'butterfly' case as I also have that one in the slimline-in-cardboard-sleeve case.

*sighs*

CONSISTENCY IS KEY HERE MANGA/KAZE!

KenpachiZaraki said:
My series 7 of Bleach is the 4 slimline cases inside a cardboard sleeve. Is this the version you require? if so, I'd gladly trade it for the 'butterfly' case as they consume far less space and I have the first 5 series in that style casing.

I just wish I could also find series 6 in the 'butterfly' case as I also have that one in the slimline-in-cardboard-sleeve case.

*sighs*

Damn it, only if I saw your reply earlier. I phoned HMV Customer Service complaining and I will send it for a refund.

Check this site out, they are really good. I have bought a lot of import from them before, I just phoned them, well left a message with them over the weekend and phoned them today and they were ready with my answer and they said they have the slimline. Fingers crossed he aint lied to me.

And I agree

nanika said:
I got a reply from them saying MangaUK never released 2 versions of that box set only the all in one...

pft hahaha WRONG!

devilrules666 said:
Just out of interest, does anyone know if the US boxsets match up well in design? Like do they look good together instead of mismatched?

Well they the first 5 boxsets match
S1, S2, S3, S4 Part 1, S4 Part 2
Then from then on they when to single dvd case style with slip covers.

Joshawott said:
My seasons 1-3 are in the cardboard boxes, my season 4 is singles (my fault on that one though), my season 5 is the cardboard box with the weird red redesign and I have volume 1 of season 6. Then I hear they'd changed the design with season 9 to fit Kazé's design 9.9.
I only had a few sets, and two of those are in tins...

I have series 1-3 in the card sleeves and s4 in a typical plastic boxset case. When I got s4 I assumed that Manga had just changed the packaging but then I got s5 and it was back in the card again. I was a little irritated but it doesn't bother me too much.
Still need to get s6 and s7 at some point, especially now that the price has dropped.

Back