Blade Runner re-released on DVD...at last

I got it off preorder on play.com, looks like it's gone up slightly. Still it is a lot cheaper than what you paid.

Also it may be your favourite movie (as it is mine) but do you really need to buy the same set twice? It just seems like a complete waste of money to buy two sets that are almost identical in content just for the sake of a tin instead of a briefcase. The sets already include five versions of the same movie! How much more do you need? Sounds like more money than sense to me.

PS. I always hated the narration and ending to the original version. The narration said a lot of things that didn't need to be said.

No unfortunately I don't have more money than sense I am a bit of a collector (completionist) when it comes to some things like I have both versions of the Lord Of The Rings Films. Also something like Blade Runner I might watch over and over could get damaged I would hate not to be able to get another copy easily in future. This does now however lead me to a dilemma as whether to get the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD versions as well, even though I have not made up my mind which format to go with in future.

I was never really fussed about the happy ending of the original cut. However I like the opening narration even though it was there to explain what was happening to stupid Americans, I just felt it gave it the feeling of one of those old Philip Marlow detective noir, as at heart it is just a futuristic cop film.

Back