Blade of the Immortal Anime (Airs 13.07.08)

Blade of the Immortal Anime (Airs 27.04.08)

Love the animation style, it looks fantastic.

Not looking forward to the wait tho.

Woah, looks pretty damn nice. I haven't read the manga, but this is making me want to track it down. I hope Bee Train disprove their poor reputation with this.

one word - WOW!

It's looking really good and it's getting me rally excited... I'm thinking about getting back to the manga, it's been a long while since I last read some blade....

Hmm, doesn't look too good from the trailers. I mean, the art and animation aren't bad, but they're nothing special. Plus, it's usually a fair assumption that only the best footage will be used in trailers, and also that the art will generally go downhill from the start of a series.
Oh well.

Ramadahl said:
Hmm, doesn't look too good from the trailers. I mean, the art and animation aren't bad, but they're nothing special. Plus, it's usually a fair assumption that only the best footage will be used in trailers, and also that the art will generally go downhill from the start of a series.
Oh well.
Always think positive, isn't it? =D
The blade of the immortal series is great, it's been running for a long while, so they will have enough material to work it. About good scenes, if you're familiar with the manga, you know the trailers didn't sow anything....

chaos said:
Always think positive, isn't it? =D
The blade of the immortal series is great, it's been running for a long while, so they will have enough material to work it. About good scenes, if you're familiar with the manga, you know the trailers didn't sow anything....
Hah, ok, point taken.
There's certainly enough material to work from, and a few good stopping places too, so hopefully they won't feel the need to make up an ending (although as it's nearly finished in Japan, maybe they'll animate the full thing).
There are some very good scenes, true, but I'm unsure how well they'd translate into animation, seeing as they're usually rather artistic depictions of a single instant. I figure it'll take some directorial skill to pull them off without them seeming out of place.

Ramadahl said:
There are some very good scenes, true, but I'm unsure how well they'd translate into animation, seeing as they're usually rather artistic depictions of a single instant. I figure it'll take some directorial skill to pull them off without them seeming out of place.
That's true. But then, there are several series out there with amazing fight scenes, such as samurai champloo, ikkitousen, etc. I'm pretty sure that if they get together a good animation team / director, they can come up with something amazing =)

Wildcard said:
Looks awesomely stylish! Also, did I see Production I.G. mentioned in the end credits? Are they co-producing or something?
Nope, Nothing that awesome. Production I.G. are Bee Train's parent company, which doesn't really mean much to the viewer, in terms of anything.

Also, I'm really unsure what to do, Watch this or read the manga. I have a feeling the latter will be a much better option (even if it'll cost me a arm and a leg to read a lot of it). I dunno ;s

I've watched the first episode and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I haven't read the manga so I can't say how well it holds up by comparison. Still, the visuals and plot were all good for a first episode (though it all seemed very dark and murky). The only thing I can really complain about so far is the music which seemed inappropriate to the events on screen.

I'll definitely keep watching anyway.

Seen the first episode, totally loved it

It basically the first Vol of the Manga. The only difference is that they introduced a character/scenes earlier than the books.

I've heard that they're only going to be 13 episodes, so far. But am really looking forward to it. I've read the whole series so far, and it's probably my no 1 favourite story.

Should be interesting to see how much they stick to the manga storyline.

first ep on youtube now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9w5o3GAFD4

EP 1 a few random thoughts

A lot of people seem to hate the OP. It sorta grew on me while the ED was just uber lame.

WTF with the fantom-head-mystery-man that Rin is kissing and the sky scrapers eeeh? o_O

It's so dark it seems like there's a permanent eclipse of the sun, I guess that's why some of them have light sabers.

Maybe they thought that they'll never to be able to replicate Samura anyway so they'd just darken it... eh some more...just a whola lotta more darker...eh just dim it completely so noone will be able to see the cheap looking crappy background.

The wailing background was a bit annoying at times.
I know they probably had to dum down the gore, but the fight scenes were nothing much to write home about.

So far my biggest gripe is - What the heck happened to Manji? Where's the relaxed snide commentary and devil care attitude?

It's like if this was live and they couldn't get Manji to act they got some emo samurai because he sorta looks the same. But boy does he take himself way too seriously.

Hey I really love many of Tomokazu Seki's character voices, like Kyo in Furuba and Sousuke in FMP etc, but...eeehh.. this isn't quite ...ehhhh... is he trying too hard? Trying for gruffer makes his Manji sound like an angsty youth with a lump of emotion in his throat. Ofcourse maybe that's what they were aiming at, and that certainly changes the whole character.

Damn what a cliché death scene Machi had.

Instead of having some of the humour from the original they added idiotic cackling for some of the side characters hyuk hyuk.

It's not that easy to be objective with the rendition of one of my all time favorite manga.
Well it's best looking at it just as some new anime series, and to be fair it's was OK if a bit dissapointing in it's averageness.

Yeah I'll watch ep 2.

Back