Black Lagoon

Kaede

Adventurer
Picked up the first three volumes of this on a three for 2 at Forbidden Planet and I'm quite enjoying it, even if it's a little crude.

Just to confirm, there are only eight volumes in total for this series? I don't want a never ending Bleach/Naruto style manga.

Can anyone tell me what other works the artist has produced please?

Regards,
K

Awesome, thanks so much mangaman. As it's still ongoing, hopefully it won't turn into some 30 vol + epic. I think Deathnote was about my limit for following a series. There are other comics I'd like to try.

Regards,
K

I got volume 1 of this free when I got a 3 month subscribtion to NEO at the London Expo. Glad to hear it's a good read.
(Hopefully I'll get a chance to read in the next few days.)

Its a pretty good read i will say. As mangaman said, its up to volume 9 in japan, and the latest arc has just finished. From what i can remember, there isn't anymore chapters until the december issues, but i can't say for sure. But yeah i don't see this being a super long epic, perhaps maybe something between 15-20 tops, but no more really.
On a related note, the third season, or rather, the new ova series will start next year, i expect covering the latest arc(as it is long, and a tad dragged out), as all the other arcs have been covered in the first two seasons, though a tad out of order.

I think the only thing I had any issue with is that it can't quite capture the actinon of the anime. The stories are still good though whatever order they are in.

I may have to look into this having recently finished the anime. Does it go into more detail than the anime? Does it go on beyond the end of it?
It seems from the chapter list that events happen in a different order in particular El Baile de la muerte which i take to be the arc involving Roberta and seems to take up a lot more space.

Insanity prelude said:
I may have to look into this having recently finished the anime. Does it go into more detail than the anime? Does it go on beyond the end of it?
It seems from the chapter list that events happen in a different order in particular El Baile de la muerte which i take to be the arc involving Roberta and seems to take up a lot more space.

El Baile de la muerte is the new content of which hasn't been animated yet, though its easy to guess that the OVAs for Black Lagoon coming out next year will cover it. So yeah, the series is ongoing, however the order of events in the manga aren't the same as in the manga(the japan arc, Fujimiya Gangsta Paradise comes before the Greenback Jane arc, not the other way round).

As for content, the anime does cover more or less all of it to the T, there isn't too much else that you will notice different, bar maybe a bit here or there because of the differing order.

Back