Big Shopping Challenge: I'm Going to Oz

cudwieser

Student Council President
Hi Everyone. Great News, I'm away down under on a family holiday in March (leave St Paddy's Day and return the day after Easter). My first week will be spent in Melbourne City doing the touristy stuff. One port of call is the Aquarium (not far from the apartment) and not far from the Minotaur mega store.

Now as is evident I'm an anime fan, just not as big as others here. With that I come to you all with a challenge. It is simply to recommend any good, non-UK titles to bring home.

I will also take tips on any other High St anime buying opportunities as well, as this will support and increase the areas to look.

Thank You :)

Gosick
Nichijou
K-On Blu-ray
Soul Eater Blu-ray
Higurashi when they cry
Cyber City Oedo 808, if it isn't OOP
Welcome to Irabu's Office
Serial Experiments Lain Blu-ray (make sure the subs are in sync before coming back)
Raildex DVDs
Haruhi Suzumiya Movie BD (if not OOP)
Mawaru Penguindrum Blu-rays

Edit... Here's UP1's listing of AU titles

Also of interest...

Azumanga Daioh if you haven't got it
Chihayafuru
Dennou Coil
Honey and Clover
Monster
Nana
Silver Spoon
Haruhi Suzumiya S1 if you haven't got it

EDIT AGAIN: Try the Madman Blu-ray of the Freedom OVA, see if the audio isn't out of sync on the Blu-ray the way it is on the Manga release.

Critical Hit on Little Colllins Street is a shop to visit. It's more focused on manga and merchandise rather than DVD/blu-rays, but definitely worth popping in.

JB Hifi has a lot of anime for pretty good prices, they were probably a little cheaper than Minotaur, if I remember correctly. Nevertheless, Minotaur is quite an experience when you're used to anime and manga barely getting a few shelves in UK shops - I was totally blown away by the scale of the anime stuff in there!

Back