Best place to buy light novels and manga ?

Third both the aboves.

I'd avoid Amazon, they tend to receive stock later than the release date 90% of the time in my own experience of pre ordering with em.

Wordery and Book Depository tend to differ in who is cheapest book to book (although on average Wordery is faster delivery for me), so always worth checking both for whatever you're looking for. :)

I also second what @Peachy said in regards to Amazon - their stuff is always in stock so late that it's easier to buy from Wordery or BD, or heck even go into town and I'll usually find it long before Amazon...

Wordery and Book Depository tend to differ in who is cheapest book to book (although on average Wordery is faster delivery for me), so always worth checking both for whatever you're looking for. :)

I also second what @Peachy said in regards to Amazon - their stuff is always in stock so late that it's easier to buy from Wordery or BD, or heck even go into town and I'll usually find it long before Amazon...
The manga selection in my local waterstones is pretty limited 70 percent of it is deathnote, but I'll take your advice and check book to book on both sites

The manga selection in my local waterstones is pretty limited 70 percent of it is deathnote, but I'll take your advice and check book to book on both sites

Heh, that's a shame! The Waterstones in Leeds has a pretty big collection and failing that we have a Forbidden Planet and a comic store, Travelling Man, so between the three I can usually find what I want.

If you live near a Forbidden Planet you might find all their manga is on 3 for 2. For new releases it often works out at about the same as buying online.

Does anyone here know a decent place to buy used manga? I tend to gravitate towards used stuff unless it's a brand new release, but I can't think of anywhere comparable to the Amazon marketplace for it (Ebay can work, but they're hit and miss on what's in stock). I'd prefer not to support Amazon when possible since I dislike their business practices.

Does anyone here know a decent place to buy used manga? I tend to gravitate towards used stuff unless it's a brand new release, but I can't think of anywhere comparable to the Amazon marketplace for it (Ebay can work, but they're hit and miss on what's in stock). I'd prefer not to support Amazon when possible since I dislike their business practices.
Some of the retailers that sell second hand on Amazon have their own websites too eg. Better World Books UK

I'd usually say Wordery but they've royally screwed up my last order. Ordered over 2 weeks ago and still no dispatch. Contacted them on the weekend and was told id have to wait another 10 days...

Not the first time this has happened either. 😑

Back