Best and most dissapointing games of 2007

Ammish

Stand User
Yus, since we're near the end of the year 2007. I want to know what is your favourite game you played this year. BTW, only games that has been released in 2007 are allowed to be mentioned (unless it's got released in the UK in 2007, like Okami. then that is allowed)

My favourite game has to be Okami. Simply magical, very calming, memorable music and one of the best game I ever played. Many people will argue that it's a zelda clone, but it isn't, it beats Zelda in my opinion. The game that must be remembered for decades. Plus... Waka is awesome =D

Worst game of the year is Final Fantasy XII; Congratulations Square Enix, you have killed a Fanboy off (ie. Me). The main problem is... the music have become more horrible, bland characters, a battle system which is about hit and run, Licence board has become a disaster, the characters are no different to each other in battle (give them all sword and they be no different) and a very univolving plot.

Halo 3 multiplayer lives up to my expectations and more, the single player is ok, but I never looked forward to it so much, and it gives the game a nice ending.
CoD 4 is really good too, one of the best storys in a shooter I have ever seen, and solid gameplay too.

Mass Effect, short and sweet, was a disappoint for me, people complain about the Framerate but its not an issue for me, its the length of the game. KOTOR lasted me weeks, Mass Effect a couple of days, so disappointed.

I do agree with FFXII a bit, a lot of the game felt like, ugh I wanna get past this bit because it sucks and get into some good parts, but they never come.

My biggest disapointment is Ace Combat 6, the multiplayer looked great, me and my friends flying side by side shooting down tangos, doing loop-de-loops and sorts. But the multiplayer is just down right poor, everyone picks the strongest plane which is viturally impossible to shoot down and the game ends up being one big loop-de-loop fest with a stray now and then.

Oh and honoruable mention to portal (bought and completed christmas eve), its great and inventive, but it could of gone further. Now I truely understand what it means when someone says "The cake is a lie".

Best and worst games of 2007, erm. I could name a few both ways i guess.

Okami is one i have to agree with, the artwork is absolutely stunning, the gameplay is brilliant, the story is brilliant, it all adds up to a brilliant game, and should be played by anyone that likes an rpg.
Mario Galaxy to gets a mention. I think that lived up to expectations and more. Resident Evil to me was great this year, it may not be amazing to everyone, but to me it cleared up a few things with the story so i happy enough.

Dissapointments, erm well i guess Lost Planet was disappointing in the fact that it felt to short, and from what i heard it was meant to be a pretty good game, when i got it, it was ok, but as i moved on, it got fairly boring.

There is probably more both ways, but i really can't think of much else off the top of my head as yet.

Best of the Year would have to be

CALL OF DUTY 4
Final Fantasy XII
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Multiplayer

Biggest let down of the Year
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Single Player

Star Craft II and GTA IV not being released

My favourite has probably been Bioshock...VERY enjoyable. Pokemon Diamond too...it's sucked HOURS of my life.

Biggest disappointments for me were FF XII and the latest Tony Hawk's...two series that I usually love that really kinda sucked for me this year. Also Halo 3, but I got sucked into the hype over a series I find BORING, so it's my own fault.

Best game I played this year (and ever) is definitely, hands down, Final Fantasy XII. It's such a near-perfect experience! Loved every single second of the game.

Biggest let down for me is the Wii. It just got incredibly boring after a while.

The wii is alright, just doesn't have many games for the non-casual gamer, if you haven't already tried Resi 4 (wii edition), its one of the best games out, not just on the wii, but on all platforms

Best would have to be... Maybe call of duty 4 or Mario Galaxy.
(Although i cant remember what i bought earlier on in the year)

Worst would have to be Halo 3
Multiplayer was atrociously boring, single player was alright. It didnt live up to its expectations at all in my opinion, only good new addition was the Grav Hammer.

I dont know why but for me its hard to know what came out this year as so much has changed this year for me personally! Also these are games I chose not because they are "instant classics" or great in all of the right places but simply because I had fun with them!!

Best games this year:
Wii
Super Mario Galaxy
Strikers Charged
DS
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (best handheld zelda it think!)
Pokemon Diamond - the only other thing I did apart from revision during the AS exams! great gaming
Halo 3
Naruto: Rise of A Ninja (It may not have been perfect but I felt it was a good anime game and a good fighter/explorer! hope they bring a sequel! continuing the story)

Bioshock - although I've only played the demo, this looked like one of the best games of the year! sales HERE I COME! Also havent played call of duty 4 yet but it does look great!

disappointing games
This ones hard as I havent played any bad games this year! so ill list the ones that look like **** or probably deserve a good **** kicking!

Tony Hawks Proving Ground
Far Cry for wii (oh dear)
Chicken shoot

Hmm, for me Mario Galaxy gets a special mention, Ive played all the top games this year on all platforms but this really stood out as doing things differently.

Also gottal give huge props to Bioshock and Cod 4, both amazing games, I cant imagine an FPS now without being able to shoot through walls, and the online mode is seriously addictive, cant stop playing it.

Hmm Also the Orange box is just excellent, one of the best rleases in a long time.

Great year for gaming, probably the best ever in fact, looking forward to next year.

Uncharted is in my honest opinon one of the best of the year. And sadly, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Lair are some of the dissapointing games of the year.

CitizenGeek said:
Best game I played this year (and ever) is definitely, hands down, Final Fantasy XII. It's such a near-perfect experience! Loved every single second of the game.

Biggest let down for me is the Wii. It just got incredibly boring after a while.
Hahaha. The exact opposite of that.

I think the wii is an awesome system, when SSBB gets released after about 3 months of delay its popularity will go way up.
The wii was the most wanted system over christmas, sold so many!

CitizenGeek said:

100% agreed. That's a first isn't it? : p

I loved FFXII immensely, and it's the first Final Fantasy game I've played all the way through, while loving every second of it. I want a proper sequel for a proper console - I somehow doubt the DS sequel is going to be the same experience, although I'm glad there is going to be at least some continuation!

melonpan said:
100% agreed. That's a first isn't it?

I think so! Let's not go making a habit of this now, you hear :p

I loved FFXII immensely, and it's the first Final Fantasy game I've played all the way through, while loving every second of it. I want a proper sequel for a proper console - I somehow doubt the DS sequel is going to be the same experience, although I'm glad there is going to be at least some continuation!

Well, I've heard good things about Revenant Wings, and I'm definitely looking forward to it - but I agree, I'd love a real sequel on a 'real' console!

Lupus Inu said:
FF XII was average, nothing amazing, but was good enough to enjoy.

Best for me is Super Mario Galaxy.

Worst is Halo 3.

Agreed about Galaxy.
Hmm as for Halo, gotta say I really enjoyed it, good clean fun.
Though for me Call of Duty 4 is King of 360 Fps.Really impressesd me.
Or maybe Bioshock....hmmmm lets just say both^^

Back