Best ADV films Anime release

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
ADV films has been around for some time now. Even with all the stuff happing to it, its still going. Iam not that surpised. It is one hell of a anime compony.

But the question is: Whats the best anime they have realeased in the UK?

I think the best anime they have realeased over here are Guyver, Elfen Lied, Fist of the north star and Hellsing.

But thats my opinion.
What do you think is the best anime they realeased over here?

I'd say Martian Successor Nadesico, because it was really my first ADV series and I loved it, still do love it. Other honorable mentions include Noir and BGC:Tokyo 2040.

Excel Saga and Puni Puni Poemy. One of few series that genuinely made me burst out laughing on more than one occasion.

NGE is ADV's trump card, but I personally have a soft spot for Martian Successor Nadesico too. It was one of the first shows I watched and it proved to me that even if I didn't get all the in-jokes, self-referential comedy anime could be very funny.

Oh crap!

Does it have to be just one?... :?

In no particular order, ( it could be any of these as I like them all roughly the same ).

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Martian Successor Nadesico
Full Metal Panic ( includes FUMOFFU )
Hellsing
Excel Saga

( Oh look, they're all older series... Could it be because all the recent stuff's been shite? )

I really enjoyed Le Chevalier D'Eon too and that's not particularly old. Though I bought vol6 from the US when the ADV UK closedown panic happened. Certainly thought it was a better series than a lot of "classics" people have named here but no accounting for personal taste :)

R

As far as ADV UK go, I'd have to say The Place Promised in Our Early Days.

The ADV ov America obviously have some much better stuff, such as Kanon, Air, and various other series I lack the time to name that aren't part of the UK collection.

I'd have to agree on Hellsing, great anime

and I'll really liked Spriggan too.

Just looked through my collection and the only other ADV stuff I have is Gun Smith Cats & Samurai X Trust and Betrayal. Says everything really.

Now that I actually think about it, there's very few great series I consider truly excellent that ADV have released.

For me it's between Chrono Crusade, Evangelion and Get Backers. Get Backers probably edges it.

Back