Berserk

Don't mind me I'm just sacrificing you all to resurect this thread.

Watched my MVM steelbook for the 1997 Berserk Anime now. It's very well done but it sure does end in a very awkward place.

I caught up with this years releases of the Manga, once again I ask myself why it can't have a consistent release schedule and once again come to the conclusion I'm a damn fool for asking that again.

Only a few months delay this time, that's good.

Quiz time: If Miura stated in 2009 he was 60%-70% through his planned story then how far away are we now?

There is no answer for it will never end, just be grateful it isn't a Shonen.

Publisher: "So hey, this book has been selling gangbusters and I need you to go wildly off plot for a bit to drag out sales. K thx"

Has anyone picked up this book? Berserk: Written in Darkness by Quentin Boeton.
It's a recent release, just came out in December in English (the author is French so it's been out there for a while in its native language). I got it on Saturday. It's an exploration of the themes and mythology of the series and also apparently goes a bit into Berserk's creation as well. It's a very nice hardcover with a ribbon bookmark and embossed cover. Have only read the intro but it seems decent so far. The author states at the beginning he realises it's risky to analyse a series that's still without an ending but it seems judging from the intro that this might be a good read for fans. I'll let you know how I get on with it. It's part of a range from publisher third editions that also includes titles on Miyazaki and Akira. 20210110_145412.jpg20210110_145429.jpg20210110_145449.jpg

Only a few months delay this time, that's good.

Quiz time: If Miura stated in 2009 he was 60%-70% through his planned story then how far away are we now?

There is no answer for it will never end, just be grateful it isn't a Shonen.

Publisher: "So hey, this book has been selling gangbusters and I need you to go wildly off plot for a bit to drag out sales. K thx"

In 2009 there was 34 volumes out so around 20 or so left. Now we're up to 40 so if he keeps up his current pace (last 10 years) of 5 volumes per decade, we might reach the end in only 30 years!

Ive ordered the first volume (paperback). First manga I’ve ordered and despite loving the 97 anime series and wanting to know more it’s took me this long 😂 Ive started watching the 2016 series and thought it’s about time.

Not sure if it will actually turn up as seems to be unavailable everywhere but Book Depositary (via Amazon) are showing as been able to get it 🤞

Last edited:
Ive ordered the first volume. First manga I’ve ordered and despite loving the 97 anime series and wanting to know more it’s took me this long 😂 Ive started watching the 2016 series and thought it’s about time.

Not sure if it will actually turn up as seems to be unavailable everywhere but Book Depositary (via Amazon) are showing as been able to get it 🤞
Did you order the single or the deluxe? I woul advise getting the deluxes as they contain 3 volumes and are bigger. There are also less supply issues with the deluxe as the singles are nearly always oop.

Did you order the single or the deluxe? I woul advise getting the deluxes as they contain 3 volumes and are bigger. There are also less supply issues with the deluxe as the singles are nearly always oop.

Oh I didn’t know that but not a fan of hardcovers personally, I find they get damaged much easier. I prefer paperback, pity the deluxe isn’t in paperback. Like I say though not sure it’ll turn up. I actually dont think I’ve got room for all 40 volumes but I really don’t like reading comics on my iPad... just never felt right so for the odd ones I bought I always went with a physical copy but will have to consider what I do for the other volumes... I thought best to get the first one and see if I would just prefer to have it physical.

Oh I didn’t know that but not a fan of hardcovers personally, I find they get damaged much easier. I prefer paperback, pity the deluxe isn’t in paperback. Like I say though not sure it’ll turn up. I actually dont think I’ve got room for all 40 volumes but I really don’t like reading comics on my iPad... just never felt right so for the odd ones I bought I always went with a physical copy but will have to consider what I do for the other volumes... I thought best to get the first one and see if I would just prefer to have it physical.

I posted this before but a pro tip as a comic book collector here is how you take care of hardbacks. :)

That’s really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I’ve had a despatch confirmation for volume 1 now, so looks like it’s on its way... praying it arrives in good condition 🤞

Just finished Volume 1... love it. Only got it at lunch today... fortunately I’ve been able to order Vols 2-7 from Amazon... I may need to order more at this rate though.. just hoping my wallet can handle it 🤣

I still have volumes 19-40 of my old TPB collection. Though like with volumes 1-18 I will be replacing those for the deluxe versions as they come out.

I still have volumes 19-40 of my old TPB collection. Though like with volumes 1-18 I will be replacing those for the deluxe versions as they come out.
One nice thing about the deluxe versions is it translates the sound effects and just guessing sometimes what they are 😂. Also the increased art size is awesome too. I just don’t have room for them and I like the smaller size coz I can hold it in my hand. I think the deluxe editions I‘d need to lay it down on a table or desk and with my neck isssues I don’t think it would be a good idea.. would love to have them still mind 😁

One nice thing about the deluxe versions is it translates the sound effects and just guessing sometimes what they are 😂. Also the increased art size is awesome too. I just don’t have room for them and I like the smaller size coz I can hold it in my hand. I think the deluxe editions I‘d need to lay it down on a table or desk and with my neck isssues I don’t think it would be a good idea.. would love to have them still mind 😁
Oh yes large hard covers need to be read on a table regardless. You can't read them comfortably otherwise so if that's an issue then stick to tpb for sure.

20210302_090337.jpg

Good luck with your collection. If your interested I might be down for selling some of my tpbs for cheap unless you want to buy brand new.

Oh yes large hard covers need to be read on a table regardless. You can't read them comfortably otherwise so if that's an issue then stick to tpb for sure.

Good luck with your collection. If your interested I might be down for selling some of my tpbs for cheap unless you want to buy brand new.
Nice.

Thanks for the offer pal. I do like to buy brand new but I’ll let u know. Sure yours and in good condition, so may be tempted 😉

Back