Berserk Movie 1 subtitle? Blu-ray

Dan

Stand User
Can someone check something for me. On the Blu-ray, English dub there is some Japanese text that appears 27mins 28seconds in (chapter 3), I know it says 3 years later because I checked the DVD but on the Blu-ray no English subtitle appears to tell you this.

I just wanna check that it's definitely not something to do with the Ps3 or my version and that other people have the same problem. If so I'm gonna send Jeremy a message to pass onto Kaze, it's ridiculous. Especially since the subs are locked and I can't just flick it on to see. I know it's only on that one scene but if this is the same in future Kaze releases it could really ruin the viewing experience, a bit like the 1st Karas when you had to flick the subs on for the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

You're right. There is no signs only stream to go with the English dub on the first Berserk movie. I guess that as there were only two bits of Japanese text worth translating (That 3 years later caption and the director's name at the end of the credits stream), Kaze couldn't be bothered. I'm glad you're a dub fan. On most Kaze releases, it's the sub fan that gets shafted.

Incidentally, Kaze screwed one other thing up on the Berserk movie Blu-ray. While the subs are locked, the audio isn't. Theoretically, you could choose the Japanese audio option, and switch the audio to English with your remote. That way you'll get the caption, but you'll also get all the other subtitles as well.

Back