BEEZ: Outlaw Star Anime Legends, RRP £34.99 out 24/01/2011

Neferpitou

Stand User
0180f.jpg

BEEZ: Outlaw Star Anime Legends, RRP £34.99 out 24/01/2011

BEEZ release of Outlaw Star on Anime Legends brand has been added to Play.com Anime Coming Soon section. It has an RRP of £34.99 and currently has date set for release of 24 January 2011.

Source: Play.com

sanji no 1 said:
Just one last thing.
Is this the boxset of the whole series? or is it volume 1?

It's Anime Legends so it should be the whole thing, particularly at that price.

EDIT: Confirmed, it has the details through the link provided.

I'm dancing cartwheels over this getting a release date!

BUT...

sanji no 1 said:
Just one last thing.
Is this the boxset of the whole series? or is it volume 1?

I'm guessing the image in the original post isn't the final UK box art image and, in so doing, ignoring the 'DVD Collection 1' tag.

With a RRP of £34.99, it had BETTER be the whole series in one box. Because if it's just half the show, that wouldn't seem like such great value to me.

I remember watching that on TV. I feel old now :p

I'll probably end up getting a copy of this though it was a pretty good series.

Aaaand, further to my last post, yes indeed, it appears the whole thing is in one box.

Eeeeexcellent! Thank you Beez!

Good for all the inexperienced newbs who grace this forum with their presence, this. Bit late with the release, considering how long the R1 set has been out, mind...

Hmm, watched this earlier this year. Not sure whether or not I want to buy it as I fear my enjoyment of it was somewhat increased by the particularly kick-ass Opening song, that thing could make anything look great...

The opening is amazing. I didn't like the show that much myself (we have the R1 "singles" but it's a show my other half enjoyed more than I did); I went out and bought the CD single for the opening song quickly enough though.

I think OS is a good catalogue show to throw out there given the tastes of UK viewers in general, so hopefully it will shift some copies! It originally came out quite a while ago now, so a whole new generation of fans might be ready to discover it.

Good for all the inexperienced newbs who grace this forum with their presence, this

Because anime fans *never* discover older shows after their release and want to take a look, huh? :p

R

Now that I've seen the holy lengthy male-oriented romance trinity and am but 24 hours away from clocking in 100 days on MAL, I feel it is my duty to be condescending where possible and type like I know wtf I'm typing about. With experience comes further arseholism.

From what little I remember, Outlaw Star isn't bad. But it sure as hell ain't good enough to finally get a UK release, so long after it was released in yankland. Money should be spent on newer, prettier looking titles... titles with some substance, if it all possible. Samurai/ninja/whatever women in my sci-fi just doesn't do it for me.

How many people lame enough to care do you think don't already own the R1 set? Even I own the damned series, thanks to SecondSpin.

I might be interested in this one if I see it out and about cheap enough as I don't have the US release yet. But you can normally see it for around £20 so I wil probably will take a look at what you can get the UK release for.

I'll pick it up, definitely. I remember watching it on CNX alongside Cowboy Bebop... which was a mistake in scheduling really... well, anyway, I rewatched it a year or so later and loved it on its own merits and have been thinking about importing it for a few years now. It's nice that I can finally pick it up.

AironicallyHuman said:
Now that I've seen the holy lengthy male-oriented romance trinity and am but 24 hours away from clocking in 100 days on MAL, I feel it is my duty to be condescending where possible and type like I know wtf I'm typing about. With experience comes further arseholism.

From what little I remember, Outlaw Star isn't bad. But it sure as hell ain't good enough to finally get a UK release, so long after it was released in yankland. Money should be spent on newer, prettier looking titles... titles with some substance, if it all possible. Samurai/ninja/whatever women in my sci-fi just doesn't do it for me.

How many people lame enough to care do you think don't already own the R1 set? Even I own the damned series, thanks to SecondSpin.

Direct man(or woman)hood challenge: I have 142.7 days.......HA. Thus, it should be assumed that my opinion is undeniably correct in every way possible. *cough*.

Your barbaric idea of 'manhood' challenges no doubt stems from your manchild love of DBZ. I now look for intellectual gratification, as opposed to the savage pleasures you so desire.

Having DBZ as your #1 is equivalent to me placing Naruto as my #1. Where as I have continued to evolve mentally to the point where I'm close to becoming the perfect, mature anime fan, you never grew.

...What I'm trying to say here is, 140 or 1,400 days, you will never be able to compare to me until you look for deeper than surface level pleasure.

AironicallyHuman said:
Your barbaric idea of 'manhood' challenges no doubt stems from your manchild love of DBZ. I now look for intellectual gratification, as opposed to the savage pleasures you so desire.

Having DBZ as your #1 is equivalent to me placing Naruto as my #1. Where as I have continued to evolve mentally to the point where I'm close to becoming the perfect, mature anime fan, you never grew.

...What I'm trying to say here is, 140 or 1,400 days, you will never be able to compare to me until you look for deeper than surface level pleasure.

Alright...calm down...jeez...I was just playing along. ^.^'

Also, just to clarify, DBZ is not actually my favorite, Yu Yu Hakusho is, dunno why it orders them as it does.

In addition, I rank stuff on how much I enjoy watching them, my appologies if this method doesn't meet your high standards. ¬.¬

BACK ON TOPIC: Did we ever find out if this was the remastered stuff? I forget.

AironicallyHuman said:

Akon? Heh, I assume you're having a laugh, otherwise MAL really is a cult of immature anime snobbery... apparently literally?

Er, anyway, any word on whether this is the remastered picture? I remember hearing that Beez were trying to get the rights to the remastered footage, and that was the reason for the delay the last year.

Back