BECK

Yagami

Vampire Ninja
I know I've slightly talked to Jayme about this, but I want to hear all your views on this anime!

I'm thinking it's awesome! So far, it's definetly one of my favorite anime (I'm on episode 12 at the moment), and I'll probably read the manga after I've finished watching. Everything about this anime is so.. great! The opening and ending theme's are great - The art and animation is very stylish (especially when they're doing a "livehouse") - The characters are great; Maho Minami, Ryuusuke (His lazyily, but awesome, guitar playing and personality), Kenichi Saitou (I love how his personality changes from extremely friendly and kind, to insanely funny when he goes into the swimming pool!) and Tsunemi Chiba are some of my favorite characters, ever! I love the soundtrack, too; Their music, according to wikipedia, is influenced by many bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, etc. Well, there is alot I could comment on about this - And, like I said, I'm only at episode 12! ;D

Well, go!

ced1c20b.jpg

I got the first 3 volumes from Revelation, along with the awesome amp boxset, but they're not going to release the remaining 3 sets so I'm left with no way to conveniently finish my DVD collection of the series :/

Anyway, I watched the first volume and I liked it - the dubbing was especially superb. But it struck me as being far too slow moving - does this continue throughout the entire series?

I understand you completely; The "getting together the band" process seems to take forever. But, as soon as they get it going, it really moves fast. You'll see what I mean soon :p. When it starts speeding up immensely, the only thing I could criticize is that the bullying takes a episode or two too get out of the way - But it's definietly worth it too see what happens to the bully! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
CitizenGeek said:
but they're not going to release the remaining 3 sets
I got the fourth DVD today at the expo. I've only seen up to the second volume, but it's one of my favourites. I never really noticed the pace. To me, I saw it as a slice-of-life with music as awesome bonus.

I've been wanting to buy the manga forever, but I want to watch the anime beforehand, and if I remember rightly, I'm not even sure if TOKYOPOP are continuing to release it beyond where they are now. Heck, I still have a long way to go with Revelation.

If they release the last volumes, and I can still get hold of the Amp box, i'll definately give it a go. It's one i've had an eye on.

I've just finished it; It was a masterpiece - Definietly one of the best anime series I have seen! ;D

I loved the ending. How Maho and Yukio made up and, I assume, "lived happilly ever after" <3. And, how the band got back together! Aaaaand, how Ryusuke was ok. Aaaaaaaaand, how they toured america and (I think) became famous and became a great band.

Lupus Inu said:
Huh, weird, I always assumed it would end with them dying in a plane crash just as they hit it big.

I believe that Eddie (The lead singer of DyingBreed) gets killed by one of those record producers/hitmen. I remember reading it somewhere, can't find the link now though >_<

Back