Battle Royale Reqiuem 2 on Ch4

Battle Royale 2: Requiem is coming on Channel 4 at 1:25am on Sat 13 Nov

If you haven't seen the first film you don't need to watch it, but it helps and is a lot better than this film.this film is still good but it takes away what made the first film so enjoyable

If you don't know this is based off of a novel which was then adapted into two movies and then a manga

Synopsis:
A terrorist, a past survivor of a fight to the death instigated by the authorities to combat juvenile delinquency, calls for an uprising against western tyranny from his island hide-out. Meanwhile, the government forces another class of unruly teenagers to wear explosive collars, and commands they either wipe out the terrorists or die in the process. Japanese thriller sequel, starring Tatsuya Fujiwara, Shugo Oshinari and Ai Maeda

If your interested in Japanese or Asian Cinema then check these out:

Late Spring
A woman who still lives at home is devoted to her widowed father and wants to spend her life caring for him. However, her aunt believes it is time she was thinking about getting married and goes in search of a suitable man. Japanese drama, starring Chishu Ryu and Setsuko Hara
Film4 11:00am Thu 11 Nov

Fist of Fury
Ancient rivalries come to the fore as students from a Japanese school of martial arts wage war on a rival Chinese dojo. The conflict takes a more serious turn when one of the fighters is killed, prompting a martial arts expert to seek vengeance on the murderers in a final do-or-die battle. Action adventure, starring Bruce Lee, Nora Miao, James Tien and Robert S Baker. Dubbed in English
Syfy 10:00pm Fri 12 Nov

Plus all you Death Note live action fans will be pleased to know that Tatsuya Fujiwara is prominent in both films.

I didn't hate requiem so to speak, it just felt too similar and the ending was far too abrupt for my liking. Then again I've never seen the extended edition.

The first one is one of my favourite films ever but I never checked out the 2nd one. I've heard it's not as good but as it's for free I don't see why not!

Professor Irony said:
For anyone who hasn't seen it, you can watch the first one, for free and legally, on a stream from here.
Interesting! I mean, it's not like I've not seen the film a few times before, but that's still pretty cool.

Back