Battle of the Planets [Gatchaman]

Lupus

Baka Ranger
So I saw the Battle of the Planets boxset at a certain store the other day, do I proceed and buy it, Y/N? I've checked around the internet and it seems extremely rare but I could get it for £30 pre-owned. Is it worth getting? I have some interest in the series but not sure how much its been edited/destroyed/whatever way you want to put it how America's changed it from the original Japanese. Although, the only interest I hold in the series is because of Tasunoko vs Capcom and Yoshitaka Amano's involvement in the series. So yeah, should I buy it?

My advice? Import the US version of Gatchaman, rereleased uncut by ADV in the last few years. The UK release is the cut version which aired on TV.

Lupus Inu said:
Is it worth getting? I have some interest in the series but not sure how much its been edited/destroyed/whatever way you want to put it how America's changed it from the original Japanese.
Stuff like this doesn't normally bother me too much, but I gotta say when they have to make up a new character just to cover up plot inconsistencies due to the heavy editing it's a bit much...

Amano's designs are much better on the page than on the screen imo but yeah I'm with Fudce on this one. I hear that Gatchaman's out of print now though so it might be a bit of a missions to track down. There's a more modern OVA from Urban Vision that might be worth checking out too.

Back