Batman Arkham Asylum

skikes

Stand User
This is a topic to talk about the greatest game this year... until tekken 6 comes out.

Seriously? whos got this at home? awesome.

And if youve just played the demo and thought meh... don't! i played it, wasnt impressed, bought the game. BLOWN AWAY. awesome. no really!

People are calling this the next true game along with BioShock, that's hilarious. It looks like a twenty quid game, so until then.

Jayme said:
Best. Game. Ever. I've discussed it a lot, and its without a doubt, the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

This.

I just kinda wish i hadn't have completed it so quick, it was so much fun to play and got so much right in the way it was executed from combat to riddles to the overall look of it. Definetly the best licensed game ever (though admittingly, theres not a whole lot of competition) and i can't wait for a sequel.

Seriously one of the best games i've played in recent years. Stunning look, it captures the feel of batman amazingly well, the voice acting is spot on, i seriously can't pick much at fault for it. If you are a fan of batman, or if your not, get it, i command it.

Arkham Asylum is like sex with the most erotic woman in the world; awesome but you are sure to finish quickly. XD I finished the game in a few days too & while it did feel short, it was packed with so much that I had to forgive it for that in light of the sheer quality of it & how much detail went in to things that could have easily been left out without anyone feeling like something was missing, like the myriad of references to other Batman villains for instance.

Completed the main story and managed to go back and find all of the Riddlers puzzles (the ones in the lift and bat cave too me ages to find).

Just trying to get decent scores on the Joker levels (nothing like waking him kick a guy in the nuts as one of his stealth take downs) and also the batman challenge maps.

McIcy said:
Completed the main story and managed to go back and find all of the Riddlers puzzles (the ones in the lift and bat cave too me ages to find).

Just trying to get decent scores on the Joker levels (nothing like waking him kick a guy in the nuts as one of his stealth take downs) and also the batman challenge maps.

Oh you have the PS3 version? whats the jokers section of it like(i have the 360 version of course)

Arbalest said:
McIcy said:

Oh you have the PS3 version? whats the jokers section of it like(i have the 360 version of course)

Its just challenge maps but with the Joker so you get the more comic side of the fighting, his take downs include kicking guys in the nuts, sitting on there shoulders and using there heads as bongo's, just ads to the fun side

Started and finished this over the weekend. Very good overall but though there are some impressive set pieces and I can't fault the game in any major way, it didn't quite draw me in like I hoped it would. And towards the end I started to find some of the game elements a bit repetitive.

But as I wrote elsewhere, the game does a fantastic job of making the player feel like the coolest, toughest, most resourceful dude in the world (RE5, by contrast, made me feel like a clumsy retard), and for that it deserves a lot of credit.

For those of you who don't know the sequel has just been officially announced. Theres a teaser trailer floating around.

Seems 2 face is the new main bad guy.

That was the joker and Harley Quinn at the end of it, so my guess is, Joker ist he main guy again, but he looks just like he should after the end of the first. Gonna double check the site for it, but i'm sure its joker

Arbalest said:
That was the joker and Harley Quinn at the end of it, so my guess is, Joker ist he main guy again, but he looks just like he should after the end of the first. Gonna double check the site for it, but i'm sure its joker

The ongoing theory is that the game will be an adaptation of the comic storyline involving a 3 way gang warfare between Black Mask, Penguin and Two Face as they fight for control over Gotham. There are clues in the teaser showing involvement from all 3 (such as Penguin's Ice Lounge club) plus the ripped 'Uncle Sam' poster shows Two Face as you can see half of the costume is dirty/burned as is one of his hands.

My guess would be Joker taking a back seat roll in this game, probably like Riddlers role in the first game.

See, i haven't followed the comics really, so i didn't get that idea. However, i did notice the poster, which i agree does obviously show Two Face, i didn't see Penguin's Ice Lounge club though.

As for him taking a back role this time, if it does focus on that gang war, then i can see it happen, but i think we need a bit more than the teaser trailer before we say for him.

Arbalest said:
See, i haven't followed the comics really, so i didn't get that idea. However, i did notice the poster, which i agree does obviously show Two Face, i didn't see Penguin's Ice Lounge club though.

As for him taking a back role this time, if it does focus on that gang war, then i can see it happen, but i think we need a bit more than the teaser trailer before we say for him.

When the camera is going through the city, it turns to the right to look down an alley; if you look up you'll see the sign for the Iceberg Lounge.

I read some people have seen posters with Deadshot on them but can't see them myself.

Safe to say; i cannot wait for this game to come out nor to find out who out of Batman's rogue gallery might end up popping up in it...

I personally wouldn't mind seeing someone like Catwoman in this. Her good guy/bad guy style as well as her romance with Bruce is something i'd like to see explored a little in game. Ok there is only so much they could cover, but it'd still be an interesting touch to the game.
After watching it again, i do see the Iceberg there, and saw the posters obviously meaning Two-face, but nothing pointing to deadshot. I do want this soon =/

Arbalest said:
I personally wouldn't mind seeing someone like Catwoman in this. Her good guy/bad guy style as well as her romance with Bruce is something i'd like to see explored a little in game. Ok there is only so much they could cover, but it'd still be an interesting touch to the game.
After watching it again, i do see the Iceberg there, and saw the posters obviously meaning Two-face, but nothing pointing to deadshot. I do want this soon =/

The thing about Arkham Asylum was you were suppossed to feel cut off and isolated from everyone as you went it out alone to get the Joker so i'd like to see more of the Bat family in the sequel plus it would make more sense for Batman to have backup from Nightwing or Robin etc now he's back in Gotham.

Back