Bandai Entertainment Adds Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

I've mentioned this before to people, Wouldn't it be easier to have a "Official ANN Thread" for all these somewhat minuscule pieces of information that get posted on ANN. If just one thread was used, One person could post a link to the information (Similar to what Dan has done, above) and then they could discuss until a bigger piece of news. et cetera

..Just a thought. >__>

I'll be looking forward to the BD if it gets a RB release. Otherwise, I'm not that bothered about a re-dub, Localisation for Americans happens a lot.

What a strange move... as pretty much everyone else said the dub used in the UK release is fine and I'm sure that Stand Alone Complex has gotten people familar with those voice actors anyway.

The UK dub is a lot more faithful to the original script than the subtitles on the UK dvd's as well.

Sy said:
What a strange move... as pretty much everyone else said the dub used in the UK release is fine and I'm sure that Stand Alone Complex has gotten people familar with those voice actors anyway.

The UK dub is a lot more faithful to the original script than the subtitles on the UK dvd's as well.

That's a new thing I learned about the UK Dub..

But otherwise, I don't see the point in redubbing them. I love GITS' current dub as it is, it's still excellent which reminds me why I shouldn't judge Dubs so harshly.

But meh... I stick to my DVDs. I only care about Blu ray on a Gaming format rather than a DVD format.

Wait... hang on a minute. I just read the article and noticed that they're using the same cast as Stand Alone Complex... really, what is the point in that? Waste of money that could be spent on better things.

Cool. Hope the Blu-ray is region free.

The re-dub may be something to do with putting it on Blu-ray although the UK dub isn't that old so *shrugs shoulders*

Could maybe be some sort of copyright issue?

I have it twice already as I bought the R1 release without the dub when it first come out, so a third time might not be too bad. But as everyone else has said what's wrong with the dub we already have.

I have it twice already as I bought the R1 release without the dub when it first come out, so a third time might not be too bad. But as everyone else has said whats wrong with the dub we already have.

I love almost everything in the Ghost In The Shell universe, but I never really liked Innocence. Does anyone else feel this way? I only watched it once, maybe I should give it a second chance.

MrAlex said:
I love almost everything in the Ghost In The Shell universe, but I never really liked Innocence. Does anyone else feel this way? I only watched it once, maybe I should give it a second chance.
Similar except replace Innocence with the first movie. I liked it when I first watched it but it seems to go in over it's head by asking questions of existance in a way that wasn't interesting to me and I feel Innocence and Stand Alone Complex asks similar questions more effectivly.

MrAlex said:

Yeah, watched it subbed R1 release and then dubbed R2, it just didn't really click with me tbh. Not saying it isn't good, I just didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the 1st movie or the series.

Although in my opinion the series is a league above both the movies put together.

Dan said:
MrAlex said:

Yeah, watched it subbed R1 release and then dubbed R2, it just didn't really click with me tbh. Not saying it isn't good, I just didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the 1st movie or the series.

Although in my opinion the series is a league above both the movies put together.

I do few the same as you Mr Alex, but I do like the first movie more than I like the series.

The movie is great, but I guess I simply don't like / care about Batou enough to get me really interested in it. If only the main character was Togusa... Which is my favorite along with Motoko

Back