BAFTA 2010 Awards

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Totally forgot this was going to be on.

Anyway, biggest disappointment about the Oscars was that Christian McKay was not nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Me and Orson Welles. I was convinced that he was Orson Welles.

Sorry Christoph Waltz, console yourself with the Oscar.

Anyway...

The Hurt Locker's Kathryn Bigelow for best director.

Avatar will probably win best Picture

An Education for Outstanding British film (Moon was really great)

Colin Firth - Best Actor for A Single Man

Carey Mulligan for Rising Star

In the Loop for Best Adapted Screenplay

Inglorious Basterd for Best Original Screenplay

A Prophet for Film not in the English Language - Film of the year!

Mo'nique for Best Supporting Actress from Precious - haven't watched it but the hype is behind her.

The Hurt Locker - Barry Ackroyd - Cinematography

Anyways, I'll check how my predictions do tomorrow or Tuesday...

I'll probably struggle through it but I never enjoy watching the BAFTA's so I won't bother making predictions or anything. Apparently Ross is going to say "Om nom nom" at some stage, so that might be a small laugh.

Jayme said:
I'll probably struggle through it but I never enjoy watching the BAFTA's so I won't bother making predictions or anything. Apparently Ross is going to say "Om nom nom" at some stage, so that might be a small laugh.

Speaking of Ross, I'll miss Jonathan on Film 2010 and Japanorama.

Anyway, strong year for British films last year:

An Education, Moon, In the Loop, Slumdog Millionaire, Looking for Eric, Franklyn and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus were the ones I caught and every one of them was brilliant or at least visually interesting.

This was the first year that seemed like British cinema was doing something different from the urban grit and misery.

There were even more released like Soi Cowboy and Bronson and Fish Tank and Katalin Varga

For me, film of the year was The Hurt Locker.

Oh, overall it was a jolly good affair. I was pleasantly surprised for Carey to get the Best Actress award but probably the best moment of the entire show was Duncan Jones getting Outstanding Debut Director, its fantastic for Moon to be getting some cred. Real good speech as well. Worst moment?, well, can you get any lower than Kristen Stewart accepting an award? I'm pretty sure she might be able to show off some real acting skillz later on but man, this is an award show, girl, don't carry yourself like that. K-Stu and R-Patz really don't seem keen on their fans.

Om nom nom~

Entertaining ceremony.

Shocked Inglourious didn't win best original screenplay.

Christain McKay deserved the Best Supporting Actor BAFTA. Christoph Waltz was fun in Inglourious but I have to say that when I left the cinema after watching Me and Orson Welles, I felt like I'd seen the great man alive and in his prime - a force of nature and creativity.

Anyway, Jonathan wasn't terrible and it was hilarious seeing Mickey Rourke's reaction after Jonathan's dream joke.

Shame In the Loop didn't win anything and yeah I'm glad that Carey Mulligan and Moon won.

Anybody who hasn't watched A Prophet, now might be your chance. I highly recommend it. Film of the year.

The Hurt Locker to sweep the Oscars!!!

Back