Avengers DVD has been cut

I'm afraid the high prices of the individual releases are down to the high cost the supplier demands per unit. For example if they wanted to order Captain America in store the supplier would want nearly £13 per DVD just for the supply cost, which means they would have to sell it at a ridiculous price to make any worthwhile profit. If you look at practically any other DVD and see the supply cost is less than half of that, you can certainly see the problem.

Sy said:
I'm afraid the high prices of the individual releases are down to the high cost the supplier demands per unit. For example if they wanted to order Captain America in store the supplier would want nearly £13 per DVD just for the supply cost, which means they would have to sell it at a ridiculous price to make any worthwhile profit. If you look at practically any other DVD and see the supply cost is less than half of that, you can certainly see the problem.
Interesting, wonder why they decided to up the trade price for this case so much in particular? Perhaps Paramount wanted to squeeze as much money out of it as they could before handing off distribution to Disney :p

I can download Captain America and Thor from iTunes for £10 each...but I dunno. The cheapest I've fund the Captain America BD is £17 on Amazon, which isn't bad...

I just watched the edited scene and while it doesn't have as much visual impact it's not as noticeable edit as I expected. I understand why people feel short changed about the Blu ray disc lacking in any notable extras and Disney UK's poor handling of the release to rush it out but for the price tag the Blu Ray box set is a reasonable price even if it is pretty bare bones.

Sy said:
I just watched the edited scene and while it doesn't have as much visual impact it's not as noticeable edit as I expected. I understand why people feel short changed about the Blu ray disc lacking in any notable extras and Disney UK's poor handling of the release to rush it out but for the price tag the Blu Ray box set is a reasonable price even if it is pretty bare bones.
That's what I was thinking - the edit itself is pretty small, but people are perhaps more miffed that the edit happened in the first place. As for the extras, I doubt a commentary track is worth paying double the cost of the release for.

I'll probably get the Italian version of the boxset which is due out in November. The Italian release of The Avengers is uncut and has the English audio, so I assume the other films will have the English audio too?

Joshawott said:
I'll probably get the Italian version of the boxset which is due out in November. The Italian release of The Avengers is uncut and has the English audio, so I assume the other films will have the English audio too?
The individual italian releases had the original english on there so I don't see why not. :)

Sy said:
Joshawott said:
The individual italian releases had the original english on there so I don't see why not. :)
That's good. Importing the Italian release would only be a tiny bit more expensive (less than £5) than the English one. So for that slight plus, I get the original title ("Avengers Assemble" takes up a lot of space) and a copy of the movie without cuts.

Sounds like a good deal.

I'd do that but because I work at HMV it's just way too tempting to pass up on getting all 6 on Blu Ray for £28. For that price I don't feel hard done by. I really do like the idea of that Phase 1 collection that the states is eventually gonna release though...

True. My older brother does work at HMV, I could ask him if he could get it for me with his discount (I obviously give him the money he'd pay of course).

Then I could try and flog my Iron Man/Iron Man 2 set on eBay for cheap.

Sy said:
Wasn't The Incredible Hulk cut too when it was released on DVD? Theres a part in the movie where the Hulk smashes some guy knocking him into a tree. I remember that specifically at the cinema cause it was greeted with a 'Oooooow' from the audience. On the DVD I've got however that part seems to cut out the impact and is really noticeable. That always kinda bothered me since the cut always looked really rough.

I don't know about the DVD but it's there on the blu ray, it's
Tim Roth's character
who gets offed before they call it and he wakes up. Quite an important plot point, don't see how they could have censored that.

A sfor the avengers, I've taken mine to Cex because it just looks silly knowing how he's offerd but there's on screen to suggest a remotely fatal infliction.

Disney often balls up their UK releases, I had to Import incredibles from the US because there was only a barebones edition of the bluray here, but america had all the dvd bonus features like Jack Jack attack on the Blu ray too.

Seriously? The BBFC Isn't going to kick Disney up and down the place for this (if nothing else, this totally floats the BBFC's authority as the Dinosaur Empire)?

The hell?!

ConanThe3rd said:
Seriously? The BBFC Isn't going to kick Disney up and down the place for this (if nothing else, this totally floats the BBFC's authority as the Dinosaur Empire)?

The hell?!

Nah, it turns out Disney at least had the competence to submit the cut version for video. It was the BBFC that messed up by copying and pasting the theatrical version's consumer advice onto the entry for the video version on their website. The theatrical version was definitely uncut though, and Disney were utterly lazy and contemptible of the UK market.

Bodes well for Star Wars right?

Back