Ash said:
Taylor said:
*Update*

I know this is an old topic but i just thought id let the Avatar fans out there know that Season 3 has started. Up to about episode 9 at this point in time and its the final chapter (aparently).

From what I heard, there's supposedly 4 seasons(Like the four elements), and I was watching season 3 last week and surprising to know, we're quite afew episodes infront of America.

By the looks of it, they're showing the new episodes at 4P.M. every Saturday, now.

Were infront of america? that cant be right :S
I heard that they are going to be stopping after book 3, Because at the end of this book he aparently fights the fire lord

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like it, really...

Book 1 is the weakest in my opinion. But I love book 3 so far, they improved the characters a lot =D

And I like how the Dark Art of Water Bending is revealed : Which is called Blood Bending, a form of art that controls blood inside people and start controlling their movements. Blood is consider a form of water. Also, it seems you can take water from living plants.

Does anyone know how much the DVDs are at HMV by any chance?

I've wanted them for ages, but I've never got around to getting them, so I'm considering making a journey to HMV next week...but it'd be a waste of time if they're like, £20.

I don't feel like waiting for them to plow through our local mail backlog, so I'm happy to spend a bit more than Play's £10...but not TOO much more. >_>

Chrono Demon said:

Book 1 is the weakest in my opinion. But I love book 3 so far, they improved the characters a lot =D

And I like how the Dark Art of Water Bending is revealed : Which is called Blood Bending, a form of art that controls blood inside people and start controlling their movements. Blood is consider a form of water. Also, it seems you can take water from living plants.

I thought that it was a little overpowered...If you think about it, in a fight between her vs the firelord on a fullmoon, she'd be unstoppable. I will admit though the idea of using the water in other poeple's blood was clever.

Chrono Demon said:

Book 1 was good because it introduces you to everything before setting off on the main story.
It controls the water in the persons blood and yer i agree, majorly overpowered :p. Obviously you can take water from plants because thats basicaly what they are, i was thinking if you can take the water from plants surely she can walk up to the firelord and just pull all the water out of him... instant pwned...

Book 1 was good because it introduces you to everything before setting off on the main story.
It controls the water in the persons blood and yer i agree, majorly overpowered :p. Obviously you can take water from plants because thats basicaly what they are, i was thinking if you can take the water from plants surely she can walk up to the firelord and just pull all the water out of him... instant pwned...[/quote]

There's that...butThere may be something just as powerful with the other elements. For example, the FireLord may have some crazy-ass ability that allows him to increase the amount of heat in the area around him. he might be able to get around the blood-bending thing.

Deidara said:
It controls the water in the persons blood and yer i agree, majorly overpowered :p. Obviously you can take water from plants because thats basicaly what they are, i was thinking if you can take the water from plants surely she can walk up to the firelord and just pull all the water out of him... instant pwned...

There's that...butThere may be something just as powerful with the other elements. For example, the FireLord may have some crazy-ass ability that allows him to increase the amount of heat in the area around him. he might be able to get around the blood-bending thing.[/quote]

He can heat up everywhere around him... havent you noticed him sitting in the fire? :p

Just because I'm again close to trying out Avatar, thought I'd bump this topic and ask for some more opinions? Are there any Avatar fans in the UK?

I was a fan, Until the awkward time slots Nickelodeon in the UK gave it. The American Nickelodeon is currently promoting another TV movie, Something to do with a comet and it looks really good. I have a feeling I will end up watching the series from where-ever it may be I left off. (Somewhere around Book 2)

I love this show. I have boxes one and two and we're getting the third one as soon as we can (which I believe is the last). It's well worth trying out.

The characters are surprisingly interesting and the fighting exciting and properly choreographed. It also has a definite story and even little events affect the characters for a long time - no convenient resetting or meaningless filler. There's even some vaguely Buddhist philosophy snuck in there.

It also has lots of jokes which are actually funny (to my fiancé and I anyway) which I find tragically rare in cartoons these days. Love it.

R

Yeah, you should give it a shot, it's the not type of cartoon that'll scare you for life and burn out your eyes if you watch it.

It gets much better later on, and the story isn't half bad. Also, as said, it'll have those parts which will make you laugh despite your attempts to resist.

I like it. I catched quite a few episodes on nickelodeon; Its one of those shows you can just sit back and relax with.

I'd like to see more and watch it again - I'll consider getting the dvd's soon ;p.

Back