Avatar... is it going to fill our trousers with joy?

Hokum

Straw Hat Pirate
So do you think its going to be any good?

The trailer looks good, but the whole, humans are BAD don't be BAD, be a nice tree hugger, thing is kind of getting forced down our throats...

CGI sequel to Fern Gully? I don't know man, it's James Cameron, T1/T2 were amazing and so was Aliens, but this? I'll watch it and hope I get a surprise.

Hokum said:
The trailer looks good, but the whole, humans are BAD don't be BAD, be a nice tree hugger, thing is kind of getting forced down our throats...
BECAUSE YOU NEED IT FORCING DOWN YOUR THROATS YOU PATHETIC Huma...

::ahem::

What I meant was that Avatar looks like an impressive piece of cinematography regardless of it's content. I'll certainly be giving it a watch.

oh don't get me wrong i am a tree hugger, i'm a wildlife photographer in my spare time, but I don't want to watch a 2:30 hour hug a tree smurf film.

Given the history of our species, the idea of colonising foreign lands for profit and inevitably brutalising the natives in the process doesn't seem so unusual to me :p

Seriously though, I am looking forward to Avatar. The trailer looks awesome (if a little silly) and it's James Cameron - he's awesome :]

Hokum said:
oh don't get me wrong i am a tree hugger, i'm a wildlife photographer in my spare time, but I don't want to watch a 2:30 hour hug a tree smurf film.

so does that mean you'll be watching the Smurf live action film when it appears then? ;)

I've been looking forward to this film just because of how long he's been working on it (now how about that Battle Angel film please Cameron?) although i'm not looking forward to wearing the 3D glasses again, i always find it hard to get comfortable with them over my normal glasses.

I'm with the crew - It's James Cameron - so I'm going to see it. I was a bit sceptical when the first trailer came out but I'm looking forward to it quite a lot (on the IMAX) since I've viewed a couple of clips. The Na'vi look weird, but the rest looks pretty stunning.

Also, Yeah, 3D Glasses screw me over. I've seen Monsters VS Aliens and Up, and I think they ruined my enjoyment of the latter movie. That being said, Avatar is a 3D movie so that's the way I'm going to watch it.

I went to see this the day it came out, and I certainly was impressed. I really don't think it would have had the same effect on me if it wasn't for it being in 3D, but it was still good!

Most reviews I've read say the plot sucked, and I'll agree on that, in the sense that it's really predictable etc, but that's not always a bad thing.

But aye, basically, it's good craic, so good see it if you haven't already.

Since I last posted about the 3D issue, I saw A Christmas Carol in 3D and it didn't bother me at all. I had issues with the film, mostly because I have issues with the story itself but its 3D was both enjoyable and worthwhile.

I'm seeing Avatar on December 28th at midnight at the IMAX, so, you know, I'll post about it soon.

Jayme said:
I'm seeing Avatar on December 28th at midnight at the IMAX, so, you know, I'll post about it soon.

I'll come with you, I'm going to see it on the 28th aswell :)

I'll take a Gamble and go with the 3D option. I've never been one for 3D films, but everyone who's seen it has told me it won't be the same without

I was a bit excited for a minute then realised your thing says you live in the North West, which means the chances are you won't be going to the BFI London IMAX, right?

Jayme said:
I was a bit excited for a minute then realised your thing says you live in the North West, which means the chances are you won't be going to the BFI London IMAX, right?

Haha, sorry, I was joking. An AUKN gettogether to see a film is a cracking idea, but I'll be seeing it a little closer to home for now :p

There was no surprise waiting for me with Avatar. At all.

If you haven't seen it yet, just watch this and replace the two lead characters with Pocahontas and John Smith, I just saved you ten quid:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkV-of_eN2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkV-of_eN2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lupus said:
There was no surprise waiting for me with Avatar. At all.

If you haven't seen it yet, just watch this and replace the two lead characters with Pocahontas and John Smith, I just saved you ten quid:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkV-of_eN2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TkV-of_eN2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
lol

i thought it was alright, the romance was a bit predictable and the overall story was a bit too Hollywoodish :lol:

Anyone else think the general/commander guy with the huge scars and OTT hardcore war veteran schtick was hilarious?

"I DON'T NEED NO GASMASK!" *kicks down a door*

lol, he was exactly like that

he's like some real life version of Major Chip Hazzard from Small Soldiers

in fact i would daresay that the entire thing felt like Small Soldiers to me :lol:

"Don't mind me. I'm just going to benchpress 900lbs while I give you a mission brief."

*drinks from coffee mug* "Mmm, nothing like drinkin' coffee when killin' stuff!"

Back