Autumn 2016 what'cha watchin'?

NoSurprises

Straw Hat Pirate
As per the title, looking over at AniChart just wondering what everyone's picks were for the current season?

Realise not everything on the list is readily available to watch, but assuming it was, what's your order of preference (and perhaps why)?

(While this is very "book by it's cover" at the moment, I'm really just fishing for suggestions as Autumn looks a bit sparse!)
  • In This Corner of the World - This has looked great for a while now, both in story and animation.
  • Zaregoto - I really quite enjoyed Nisioisin's murder mystery, very interested to see if Shaft can do it justice.
  • Patlabor Reboot - I think it's just a 1 episode short? But mainly to work out what the hell it is, and why Khara aren't busy finishing the rebuild films so we can get the original series on blu-ray over here...
  • Wagnaria 4 - The previous Wagnaria entries were kinda charming, so hopefully this follows suit...
  • Occultic;Nine - I dunno, might be interesting? Thoroughly enjoyed Steins;Gate like everyone else, but not holding out as much hope for this one.
  • Euphonium 2 - First series was inoffensive, if nothing else listed is watchable I'll be falling back to this.

Last edited:
Drifters is the only thing I'm really enthusiastic for this season, but I'll likely check out Occult;Nine because it has that all important semi-colon and March Comes in Like a Lion because a lot of people seem to be hype for that. It would also be nice if that Patlabor short is viewable via legitimate means somewhere.

In This Corner of the World is the only thing coming out within the remainder of this year that I'm going to watch. Everything else looks like trash.

Most definitely
All Out
Drifters
Haikyuu!! : Karasuno Koukou Vs Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2
Natsume?s Book of Friends 5
Yuri!!! On Ice

maybe
Fune wo Amu
Magic-kyun! Renaissance
Watashi ga Moete Dousunda

The plan for me is:
  • March Comes in Like a Lion - It's a Shaft show, so that's reason enough for me to watch, although I have no interest in Shougi, so there's a chance I might not see this one through. We'll see.
  • Drifters - Given it's sourced from the same author as Hellsing, I'm very interested in this. Concept is cool too.
  • Flip Flappers - Animation in the PV looked gorgeous and it just sounds weird as hell going by the synopsis. It being TAN exclusive may lead me to waiting until home video though.
  • Sound! Euphonium S2 - I loved S1, and rewatching it has just reignited my hype for the second series.
  • Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara. 2nd Season - The first season was short but sweet and and a really cool look to it. Really didn't expect a second season, but I'm really happy it exists.
  • Occultic;Nine - I love Steins;Gate, it's one of my favourite anime, but I haven't tried any of the other Sci;Adv anime series, I've heard mixed things. Think I might give this one a go though, why not?
  • Scorching Ping Pong Girls - I'm not even going to say anything.
  • Keijo!!! - See Above

You know, I'm actually really thinking of watching The Great Passage (Fune wo Amu), it's the only thing that I look at that I see potential in to be an actual great show and it looks like something I'd enjoy. It's no surprise too, its from the same mangaka that brought us Rakugo. That and Yuri on ice, so I guess I might watch those two. Now I have to subscribe to some dumb service *grumble*

I usually don't watch currently airing shows but i might start watching Drifters. Izetta might be another one i might start watching but the rest doesn't look appealing.

Best three so far:

Yuri on Ice
Eupho season 2
March Comes In Like A Lion

And the rest:

Drifters
Haikyuu season 3
Keijo
Gundam IBO

The rest I'm holding off on for now until more of a consensus on what's a 'must watch' emerges.

Occultic 9
Izetta the last witch
Drifters
Stray Dogs Season 2
Keijo!!!!!
My Wife is Student council president +
Luger code 1951
Kubikiri Cycle

also watching Phantom Requiem for Phantom & Arakawa Bridge X Bridge

Hadn't realised until now that The Great Passage is on Amazon Prime, so I'll probably have a look at that once it airs.

Incidentally, did anyone make one of those trips to America to watch Tiger Mask?

I'm watching March comes in like a Lion, Haikyuu 3, Yuri on Ice, All Out, Sound Euphonium 2, UtaPri whatever season it's up to now, Dream Festival, Magic kyun Renaissance, Tokuen Ranbu and Izetta, as well as a few hangers over from last season. Favourites so far are Yuri on Ice, Izetta, All Out and March comes in.

Have to admit there are a few in danger of being dropped - mainly Flip Flappers and Bungo Stray Dogs - in both cases I love the visuals, and can see the appeal, but they're just not resonating with me on a character or story level. The popularity of Stray Dogs in particular really baffles me.

Back