At Animecon london

bakura

Adventurer
At animecon london right now (came yesterday too) the last one in london was about 3 years ago in the bottom of a concert stadium (and bloody cold) this one is now a better location at London Olympia but I must say I don't think it's as good as the last one, maybe I've just been spoiled by mcm but while there are many stalls there's none of the big players so the only stuff I'm buying are figures, I mean at least last time they had waterstones there so you could by manga but there's no anime or manga to buy. Would i still go next time if there is one in London next time? Well yes because I really do want the uk to have it's own equivalent to anineexpo and to do that you need to spend money and make it grow but I just wish there were more big vendors and ways to buy anime and manga.
 
So on my way home. Not much to add other than I only now checked the tickets page and In fairness to them they did mostly sell out (which is interesting because it didn't look like it was that many people but maybe I'm comparing to mcm) so maybe that can help to make a better london show and hopefully get the bigger players in anime like crunchyroll and animelimited to come as well as manga distributors and maybe even a bigger venue like excel and it could be a great anime con.
 
Back
Top