Assassin's Creed

Roadie

School Idol
Looks stunning, anyone got some views on it / anyone going to buy it? Combat looks like a let down but the fact you can scale pretty much anything is cool.

I really want this game the trailers are completely mind blowing, but I wanna get it on the PC so I have to wait til Fabruary which is really gonna suck

The reviews aren't as high as many were expecting, it seems. Based on what reviews have mentioned, it seems the game's exploration is extremely fluid and as good as it gets at this point, however the combat is quite boring, especially once you unlock the ability to perform instant kill counter-attacks. There's also a ridiculous looking flaw in the stealth mechanic which was pointed out during the GameTrailers video review, but overall it seems most people will ignore these issues for the whole experience. I'm more interested in Mass Effect, so I'll be picking this up once I'm done with Bioware's latest lesbian enhanced RPG.

I've watched that review as well, even if there is a flaw there, I will try to avoid it. Its one of those things, e.g. you can glitch to win in MP FPS games but you don't choose to.

Im really looking at getting a PS3 for this game (and a few others obviously) but im not 100% sure atm, single player games arent always my thing.

McIcy said:
I really want this game the trailers are completely mind blowing, but I wanna get it on the PC so I have to wait til Fabruary which is really gonna suck

Its coming out on pc? i may just wait till then...

Taylor said:
McIcy said:
I really want this game the trailers are completely mind blowing, but I wanna get it on the PC so I have to wait til February which is really gonna suck

Yeah they desided to release a version for the pc but as it has to be tweaked for the pc we will have to wait til February 2008

This game looks amazing sucks that I don't have any console to play it. Btw is there really 9 levels or whatever? I've heard that's all there was.

9 levels or whatever, the game takes around 15 hours to complete, theres lots of side missions on top of that as well.

Get it on Xbox if you got it, all the video reviews and video demos I've seen are on xbox, so it makes me wonder if thats the better of the two? You'd think they'd show the better half or both wouldn't you

Generally speaking the Xbox version of Assassin's Creed seems to be getting the most interest, as the stereotype for Xbox gamers is the whole violent games and sports games view. A lot like how Devil May Cry 4 is multi-platform, yet people still think of the PlayStation 3 when the franchise name comes to mind. The simplicity and fluidity of moving from obstacle to obstacle looks fantastic though, and it's definitely the game's single most important feature and selling point. We've all assassinated people in video games before, but Creed's free running style of exploration adds a new twist to it all.

McIcy said:
Taylor said:
McIcy said:
I really want this game the trailers are completely mind blowing, but I wanna get it on the PC so I have to wait til February which is really gonna suck

Yeah they desided to release a version for the pc but as it has to be tweaked for the pc we will have to wait til February 2008
I'm in the same boat. Sucks but I reckon it'll totaly be worth it. Besides I may be able to get ahold of the game earlier than planned ¬_¬' But I'll keep you updated on that when or if it happens.

I'm going to be cheap and just paste my impressions from my blog...

I bought Assassin's Creed yesterday and I was very impressed. So impressed that I played it for seven hours straight, without a hint of boredom. The free-running mechanic is so well executed that it makes up for the lesser combat system. Any of you who have read the reviews will know that critics have not been digging the combat system in the game. To be fair, after seven hours I didn't see any issues with it, and it didn't feel repetitive or tricky.

One thing I don't understand is why Ubisoft were so tight lipped about the game's futuristic plot twist. I mean it happens right at the start of the damn game, and I find it so stupid that we're all holding back saying "I don't want to spoil it for you." It's hardly much of a plot twist if you bump into it minutes after you start playing. What Ubisoft should have remained tight lipped about is how great this game was going to be, maybe then it wouldn't have been so hyped and eventually receive lower than excepted scores because critics were disappointed that the game wasn't the best thing to happen since Ocarina of Time.

The game has a Metroid style opening, where you start with all your abilities but due to a series of events you lose them all and must start from scratch to retrieve all the awesome moves and equipment you started out with. Ubisoft have added a silly optional achievement unlocking quest where you must find hidden flags in the game. It's like hidden packages from Grand Theft Auto games, except there's more flags and it's more annoying. I also hate it when guards randomly detect me when I've done nothing wrong yet, I don't know what I do sometimes that triggers them.

Free-running is simply awsome isn't it? Climbing to the top of the church in Arce is good fun too. I don't feel the combat is flawing, sure you COULD just counter everything, but I prefer to make things more interesting by swinging my sword a lot and doing the heavy attacks. Plus they can always grab you and catch you off guard.

I haven't had any issues where guards attack me for no reason, but I'm a little disappointed in the some of the guards (maybe its because I'm on some of the first missions) since they just watch me scale a wall sometimes and think nothing of it.

got myself a PS3 from my dad for my birthday w00p! Assassins creed with it, omg its awesome, put in the words of my friend... I JUST CREAMED OVER 10 TIMES!

Taylor said:
got myself a PS3 from my dad for my birthday w00p! Assassins creed with it, omg its awesome, put in the words of my friend... I JUST CREAMED OVER 10 TIMES!

If I didn;t have to spend so much on christmas presents I'd so be out out buying a ps3 right now, bloody christmas ruining my Creed fun

Deidara said:
I've herd it only has around 9 hours of gameplay which is a let down though one of my friends claimed he's completed the game under 9 hours.
I can believe that for the main story but, like other walk free games, there's plenty of side missions to keep you occupied for a lot longer.

Yer if you bang on through the main story you can complete it quick. Im doing all the little side missions aswell so it will be dragged out. Just doing the main story is a little silly because the developers made side quests for you to do them, not just leave them :p

i dont own either a 360 or a ps3 -_-
but i managed to play it last month at the Assasins Creed event which was held at HMV at oxford street. i even managed to meet the lovely Jade Raymond and get my Assassins creed poster signed by her!

but from the short few minuted i played of the game it does seem very interesting...and the controls seem to have a learning curve to it.

but i do have to agree with the reviews out there because from what i have seen, the A.I. does seem very....odd.

Once you understand the controls, its really easy to pick up, the game is short yes if you try and do it asap. But if you hold for the extra missions and collecting extra intel, view points, flags, killing templars and the combat achievement (if on 360) the game has a lot more to it

Back