Asian Music (Excluding Japanese Artists/Bands)

otaku010884

Student Council President
We already have a thread for Japanese artists so I figured I'd create one for Korean and Chinese and other asian artists.

I started getting into asian music after anime thanks to excellent soundtracks. That gradually led me onto J-Pop, J-Rock and other Japanese music.

It wasn't until I got more (and more) into asian cinema that I started checking out Korean music and my open mindedness led me to Mandopop too. From there it came into it's own.

K-pop is probably my favourite, followed by Mandopop and then J-pop, but J-pop has it's own thread so it can really be discussed there, not here.

My Best Male Artist: JJ Lin (Singaporean - Mandopop with some Cantopop too)
My Best Female Artist: BoA (Korean but has probably an even ratio of Korean and Japanese music with English tracks and now album too.)
My Best Band: Dong Bang Shin Ki/TVXQ/Tohoshinki (Korean - I think I prefer their DBSK stuff too.)

So, what asian artists do you all listen to and want to promote here for others to check out? Let us know by sharing here in this thread.

(Remember, not Japanese artists as they have a thread dedicated to them. :D )

I'm a huge Jay Chou fan, even though that's pretty mainstream of me. He hasn't ever made an album I didn't love.

From Korea my favourite is still Lee Jung Hyun. Her style has changed a lot over the years but I like it all. Magic To Go To My Star is still my favourite. Her Japanese efforts seemed to fade out, sadly. I still love her.

I like other songs from all over the place, but those are the big two from the rest of Asia who have me hooked.

R

November's Chopin is fantastic! And Capricorn!

I've not listened to Lee Jung Hyun but I will seek out her music.

Some other Chinese artists/bands I like are A-Mei, Wang Leehom, 5566, F4, David Tao and Rainie Yang.

As for Korean artists/bands I like Rain Bi, Younha, Son Ho Young, Lee Min Woo, Eugene, Se7en, EZ Hyoung, Chae Yeon and Hyori Lee.

Keeping the lists short and sweet so fingers crossed you and others will check 'em out and find something you like to have another shared passion. :D

Back